Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: .22 LR host for a Dead Air Mask

.22 LR host for a Dead Air Mask

I have a Dead Air Mask in jail. I really don’t have any .22 LR pistols I’d want to suppress.

I saw Silencer Shop is doing a stubby version of the Ruger 22/45 that looks like it would be a really good supressor host. Stick a red dot on it, mount the Mask and drive on.

https://www.ruger.com/products/markI...ets/40179.html

Opinions or other suggestions?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Chopped MKII is really fun. Maddmacs mount and Riton MPRDV2.
    Name:  20230511_194532.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  46.1 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

The version you linked would work for sure, with a 3" barrel it's purpose built. I have the slightly longer 22/45 "tactical" trainer model, which has a 4.4" barrel and would also work.

Might be worth considering the P322, but I'd lean toward the 22/45 as a more proven/debugged design.

Taurus tx22 compact. Comes with the threaded adapter and it’s direct milled for the rmsc. I really like mine. I haven’t run mine suppressed yet.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

I don’t know if I’d want a tilt barrel auto - something like the 22/45 appeals more. I have one of the M&P22cs I could adapt, though.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I don’t know if I’d want a tilt barrel auto - something like the 22/45 appeals more. I have one of the M&P22cs I could adapt, though.
    Had that combo myself, DA Mask and M&P22c. Found it to be very front heavy and prone to self destruction. Seems to be a common thread with S&W ( but that's a story for another time). Pistol went back to Smith several times for a broken safety and various other troubles. The plastic adjustable sights would randomly decide to relocate themselves. I did the EGW dovetail optic mount and it added enough weight that cycling became an issue. Had to run supers (negating the suppressor) in order to get it to cycle. Went with another mount from EGW and moved to the lighter RMSc pattern and it worked with CCISV. After about 5k I sold it off, as wanted to move on.

If you would use it, I've still got the EGW RMR MP.22c plate.

Name:  20201013_213146.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  68.6 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Had that combo myself, DA Mask and M&P22c. Found it to be very front heavy and prone to self destruction. Seems to be a common thread with S&W ( but that's a story for another time). Pistol went back to Smith several times for a broken safety and various other troubles. The plastic adjustable sights would randomly decide to relocate themselves. I did the EGW dovetail optic mount and it added enough weight that cycling became an issue. Had to run supers (negating the suppressor) in order to get it to cycle. Went with another mount from EGW and moved to the lighter RMSc pattern and it worked with CCISV. After about 5k I sold it off, as wanted to move on.

If you would use it, I've still got the EGW RMR MP.22c plate.

Name:  20201013_213146.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  68.6 KB
    Thanks - I don’t think I’ll go this way, I’d be smarter to put the money for a threaded barrel into a better platform. I like my M&P22c but honestly haven’t shot it in years.
    Ken

My TX22 has been boringly reliable and the capacity is nice. I also have a MKIV 22/45 and it's hard to argue with a Ruger Mark series pistol. FN502 and SIG P322 are also solid picks.

Savage Mk II FV-SR bolt action 16" carbine - https://savagearms.com/content?p=fir...ummary&s=28702

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dodson View Post
    Savage Mk II FV-SR bolt action 16" carbine - https://savagearms.com/content?p=fir...ummary&s=28702
    I have rifles covered!
    Ken

User Tag List