Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: .22 LR host for a Dead Air Mask

I’m a “suppress all the things” fan.

For pistol hosts, I like the VQ variants of Ruger MK series uppers, with stock or chopped Ruger uppers as a close second.

Keltec P17 is surprisingly good and inexpensive AF.
    I had poor accuracy with a couple of cans on an early Taurus TX22, but will likely try a compact at some point.
    Glock G44 has been boringly reliable.
    Sig P322… I really want to like it but the feeding reliability with those 20 round mags just isn’t in the same league with the previously listed rimfires.

Site Supporter
    I would go Ruger 22/45 MKIV.

I sold a Browning Buckmark and made the move. The ease of cleaning/disassembly, the massive aftermarket, built like a tank, I went with this https://www.ruger.com/products/markI...al/models.html.

I installed a VQ trigger, slide release, Lobos mount, UM Tactical 1 degree shim, Vortex Venom (these need a shim for additional elevation), and given the barrel length it should keep it subsonic.

I’m waiting for the transfer to finalize, but I’m extremely pleased with the combination thus far. I have about 500-700 rounds through the gun/silencer combo. I just didn’t want to push it without cleaning it. I feel like 1,000 rounds, but I can’t take it home to clean it until everything clears. We’re getting there…
    God Bless,

Brandon

There is a Ruger / Silencer Shop collaboration dubbed the Ruger SSH. It's pretty sweet if you don't want to pay Volquartsen money for the Mini Mamba.

Name:  IMG_1904.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  35.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by masternave View Post
    There is a Ruger / Silencer Shop collaboration dubbed the Ruger SSH. It's pretty sweet if you don't want to pay Volquartsen money for the Mini Mamba.

That’s the one I linked in my original post. I am thinking it’s my best all around option. It should easily be earsafe with SV, and may even be with MiniMags.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

If you already have a Ruger Mk 3 or 4 pistol you can have Mk 3 firearms cut the barrel down. They call it a Mk 0, looks pretty cool.

Have you considered a Ruger SR22?

Shown with tactical innovations quest. The G44 is also pretty slick.

Quote Originally Posted by masternave View Post

I would want one a lot more if it weren't a 22/45...i have a pile of regular Ruger mags, and a Mk3 that I had chopped to 4" and threaded. It's great but it's so much easier to disassemble a Mk4.

Other than disassembly, my only other complaint about my Mk3 is the sights - they are huge, chonky, and the front sight isn't actually at top dead center of the barrel...it's at like 11:59:30 or so. It's just baaarely noticeable, but the top of the front sight has just the tiniest angle on it when lined up with the rear. When I sent it out to get threaded I was hoping they'd "fix" that but they slavishly moved the front sight back using the original front sight location as a template...it's not a huge deal. I suppose I could see if Dawson or somewhere has better sights. If I'm honest I should find a red dot sight mount for it and just put a dot on it..

Why would I not want a 22/45 and prefer the regular version? Nothing more complicated than the movie "Assassins" ...you know, Stallone and Banderas and Julianne Moore..I want an integrally suppressed Ruger, have for decades, just never could justify it to myself I guess...

@Evil_Ed when I had my MKII chopped and threaded the smith installed the "hammer strut support" ($25 from Amazon) free of charge. Simple install.
    Participation does not equal Proficiency
    - Mike Pannone

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    @Evil_Ed when I had my MKII chopped and threaded the smith installed the "hammer strut support" ($25 from Amazon) free of charge. Simple install.
    Does that give you MkIV style disassembly?

Edit - I just googled it, I have one of those in my MkII. It does make a big difference.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

I went ahead and ordered one of these. It seems like a no-brainer. Which is perfect, since I don’t have one either.
    Ken

User Tag List