Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Secret City Weaponeers - alternatives ?

Secret City Weaponeers - alternatives ?

Long time lurker, first time poster, here goes:

For years now I’ve been using a Secret City Weaponeers holster, the K-25. Ever since, I’ve tried a bunch of other bolsters and - for me, at least - nothing comes near the K-25 in terms of concealability and comfort.

I would love to get another one of those holsters, but the fate.of SSW has been well documented (TL; DR: Tony was great at building holsters, lousy at running a business and he more or less disappeared, leaving in his wake a lot of people who did not get what they paid for).

Are there any holster builder who make (or would be willing to make) something that resembles the K-25 and/or the Y-12 (the WML version) ? Coffman Concealment comes very close, but there’s few reviews about them.

Pictures for reference:

https://images.app.goo.gl/SuVa4WedZP9b8Udv7

https://images.app.goo.gl/Jvb4UYnAGgLTGQbK8

Any and all recommendations, remarks… are most welcome. Thanks in advance, and stay safe !

Contact JM Custom Kydex, 775-686-8431, and inquire if they can make a copy.

I actually have one of those holsters for a Glock 19. I never used it much because I quickly realized it wouldn’t work for my body type and I switched to AIWB shortly afterwards. The fit and finish of it was good. It was definitely a quality holster. I think the company went under shortly after I got mine. Mine sits in my box of holsters.

JM Custom Kydex might be able to put something together. Their Custom IWB 2 holster has up to 20 degrees of cant. Maybe they can make it 25 degrees.

Seeing "Secret City Weaponeers" in a thread title gave me flashbacks. Worst experience ever buying gear.

The holster was nice though. JMCK's IWB2 does remind me of SCW but I've never used one for comparison.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

You could give Brommeland a shot if you're interested with basically the same holster in leather. He is semi-retired so it may be a bit of a wait.

http://www.brommelandgunleather.com/products.htm
    https://www.facebook.com/people/Brom...0040199096190/
    LET'S GO BRANDON!

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    @nla

What kind of pistol do you carry? I may have a K25 deep in box of holsters.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    @nla

What kind of pistol do you carry? I may have a K25 deep in box of holsters.
    Glock 19 Gen 3 and sometimes a S&W M&P9. Thanks in advance !

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    Seeing "Secret City Weaponeers" in a thread title gave me flashbacks. Worst experience ever buying gear.

The holster was nice though. JMCK's IWB2 does remind me of SCW but I've never used one for comparison.
    I just gave him money and never got anything. Flashbacks old school style.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I just gave him money and never got anything. Flashbacks old school style.
    Yeah, too bad the guy turned out to be too disorganized to remain honest - victim of his own success. He should have partnered with one of the big kydex outfits to take over the logistics, because the holsters themselves were excellent.

User Tag List