Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who Do We Like for 357 Magnum Ammo?

I'm using Speer 38 Special 135 grain +P Short Barrel in my 3" M65. It is accurate in my revolver and is quite manageable. My pistol did not like the Hornady Critical Duty, I would like to try something else like the .357 Golden Saber but I can never find it.

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    I'm using Speer 38 Special 135 grain +P Short Barrel in my 3" M65. It is accurate in my revolver and is quite manageable. My pistol did not like the Hornady Critical Duty, I would like to try something else like the .357 Golden Saber but I can never find it.
    Remington sells the Golden Saber directly: https://www.remington.com/handgun/go.../29-27600.html

It’s my personal choice for any .357 magnum revolver, and it’s not too loud. There was a young lady standing next to me at the range last week, and I told her my magnums were going to be loud. After shooting the Golden Sabers, she said they weren’t too bad. I just had to shove six Underwood blaster magnums in the cylinder next, and she exclaimed, “Those were loud!” I always shoot on the lane next to the wall, so I get more directed sound. lol

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    Remington sells the Golden Saber directly: https://www.remington.com/handgun/go.../29-27600.html

It’s my personal choice for any .357 magnum revolver, and it’s not too loud. There was a young lady standing next to me at the range last week, and I told her my magnums were going to be loud. After shooting the Golden Sabers, she said they weren’t too bad. I just had to shove six Underwood blaster magnums in the cylinder next, and she exclaimed, “Those were loud!” I always shoot on the lane next to the wall, so I get more directed sound. lol
    Thanks for the link but I found some 50 round boxes here:https://www.bereli.com/remington-gol...4383_f30fabd45 Just ordered some

I won't carry either of these revolvers.

The Model 27 is a five-screw gun that belonged to an uncle and then to my father. Learning to shoot with it (and a pre-Model 34 Kit Gun) was a key part of my childhood. The Model 66-1 belonged to a guy who served with my father and me in the Oklahoma National Guard. He was a detective in an Oklahoma town and the gun is stamped with that department's markings.

If either was used in a shooting, may God forbid it, then I'd hate to have it sitting in an evidence locker for very long.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post

Winchester Ranger 130grn .38+P seems to test out OK. I'm a little leery of touching off a .357 inside of a house because I do like my hearing.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Winchester Ranger 130grn .38+P seems to test out OK. I'm a little leery of touching off a .357 inside of a house because I do like my hearing.
    I stuff cotton balls in my ears before going to bed. 🤣💥

Site Supporter
    I’ve got three years in Field Artillery in 8” and 155mm firing batteries before the time of hearing protection, I have little hearing left.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Even popping a .38 indoors sans ear pro will ring your bell. And a couple days of EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...

That Ranger load aint bad, even from a snub, performance wise.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Even popping a .38 indoors sans ear pro will ring your bell. And a couple days of EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...

That Ranger load aint bad, even from a snub, performance wise.
    I got six hours or so of ringing in my ears after some worthy ND'd a 9mm in a small gunshop.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I’ve got three years in Field Artillery in 8” and 155mm firing batteries before the time of hearing protection, I have little hearing left.
    One of my closet friends was on an 8” battery in Vietnam (15th, IIRC.)

He said he never noticed the ringing in his ears till it stopped one day 25 years later. Unfortunately, the break only lasted a couple days.

He said his battery once provided blocking fire for 24-hours straight.

User Tag List