Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shot #1: justified? shot #2: manslaughter?

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Not enough info to form an opinion.

Okie John
    True, but, this is also true.

Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    But you are responsible when you take a life.
    I've said over and over again on this forum: manslaughter is a low legal bar.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    True, but, this is also true.

I've said over and over again on this forum: manslaughter is a low legal bar.
    In the 90s, the DAs around here had a penchant for offering Manslaughter/Time served/Probation on dealer v dealer killings.
    I guess the Community Service aspect offset the Discharging in City Limits. And it cleared the backlog. And nobody gave a single shit.
    I personally knew a couple of mid-level guys that had 2 each.
    Good times.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    In the 90s, the DAs around here had a penchant for offering Manslaughter/Time served/Probation on dealer v dealer killings.
    I guess the Community Service aspect offset the Discharging in City Limits. And it cleared the backlog. And nobody gave a single shit.
    I personally knew a couple of mid-level guys that had 2 each.
    Good times.
    I had a buddy that worked Montgomery PD who said they referred to that as "Misdemeanor Homicide" and invested time investigating as such....figuring it'd "work itself out" and the suspect would be next week's victim.

Site Supporter
    It is moderately ironic that because the new story roughly corresponds with “our” view of the world re defensive firearms use, at least with regard the the first shot, that “we” do not have enough information to offer an opinion because “we” can see “ourselves” in that position.

Yet and still, “we” are frequently not remotely shy about offering more definitive opinions on a whole variety of matters, particularly when they pertain to the law, law enforcement, the military and medicine… and the actions of politicians, particularly, but not exclusively, democrats.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

User Tag List