Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EDCLB Upgrades for the Surefire E2T-MV Tactician

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Paul, it's simply the Tactician head on the E1 (18350) LF body with an EDCLB E2T tailcap.

The challenge with trying to Lego the Tactician head is that the threads are machined differently than the typical E-series body. Specifically (1) the threaded area is slightly longer and (2) the O-ring is not located at the bottom of the threads - it's moved slightly forward. So while I can get the Tactician head to work on the Lego as shown in the photo, it's not optimal requiring a hard twist of the head to engage full power.

To make this Lego viable the front threads of the LF E1 body would need to be extended and machined like those on the Tactician body. It may not be out of the question to have some made that way, but it would be a considerable investment and would require some committed buyers.

That said it's a very impressive Lego, one I definitely would carry myself!
    I'm in for a body only if you have some made.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    I'm in for a body only if you have some made.
    I'll let you know if this happens!
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Tritium Insert

Here's my E2T-MV Tactician with upgrades, including a green tritium inset in the Clip Filler Stud set.

I install the tritium vial in the stud using Norland 61 optical adhesive, which cures crystal-clear with UV light. The vial glows brightly making the light easy to find on the nightstand!

EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    I'll let you know if this happens!
    After inquiring with Mark @ Lumens Factory, this appears to be a non-starter at this time. The cost of tooling alone puts it out of consideration for what would be a very limited run.

That said the concept remains very attractive and something I will continue to look for a way to make happen.

My New EDC Admin Light

With "fight lights" well covered in the EDCLB Store and with one always riding in my left pocket, I believe my search for an EDC general-use light that meets my expectations has been met with the upgraded Tactician. It now rides in the right-front zippered pocket of my Duluth Foreman pants.

After a few weeks of carry and use I can make the following observations;

• The size and weight makes the Tactician very easy to carry
    • The UI is outstanding, and the handling and switch operation with the EDCLB E2T tailcap installed are identical to EDCLB lights
    • With the always-in-the-way pocket clip removed and a finger ring installed, a secure grip is easy to attain and the light feels comfortable in-hand
    • The bezel switch is what separates this light from the crowd of "tactical" lights - it operates smoothly and reliably, and can be preset with confidence before turning the light on
    • The 5-lumen low setting is excellent for many administrative uses, especially with dark-adapted vision
    • The tritium insert makes finding the light in the dark easy

My routine is to remove the light from the pocket and place it on the nightstand (along with my EDC pistol) when going to bed, and back in the pocket in the morning when I get up. In this role, the 5-lumen setting is perfect for night time dark-house use such as adjusting the thermostat setting, checking on the dogs, etc. If the light is needed for more serious use, a twist of the bezel enables the high setting making it well-suited for defensive purposes inside the house.

Outside the MaxVision beam illuminates a wide swath with clean white light, but with less than 4k candela has limited brightness and not much reach. This is where any of the EDCLB lights outperform it by a wide margin and why they remain (by far) my preference for a dedicated fight light. That said, if all I had with me was the Tactician I would still feel well-equipped in a defensive situation due to its excellent handling and UI. In an emergency outdoor situation, the 5-lumen setting is adequate to ensure safe footing with a run time in excess of 24 hours.

The Tactician has also been operating perfectly with a 16650 Li-ion cell. Maximum output is slightly reduced with the 4.2 volt cell, but run time is better. Though not promoted as such, this is truly a dual-fuel light.

So in conclusion the upgraded Tactician serves admirably as an EDC light for administrative, emergency and if needed defensive purposes. I'll be keeping mine.

Front: EDCLB Upgraded E2T-MV Tactician | Rear: EDCLB 18350 Fat Boy CF*

*My plan is to offer the Combat Flashlight versions of the EDCLB lights once the Z-style Oveready bodies become available again.
    Last edited by NH Shooter; 06-18-2023 at 07:49 AM.

User Tag List