Thread: Combat Armory CA19 frame (Glock 19 clone) build

Combat Armory CA19 frame (Glock 19 clone) build

When @Gadfly posted a link to Combat Armory in my Remsport slide thread I, of course, clicked the link and surfed their website. They have these frames on sale for $39.99. They looked really nice so I HAD to buy one to play around with. Just picked it up this afternoon. I really like the texture. Reminds me of the Shadow Systems frame. I’m gonna get the lower put together later tonight after the wife and kid go to bed.

Name:  1B133E5D-063C-4283-9FFE-C84A739BE83D.jpg
Views: 1915
Size:  100.8 KB
    Name:  E6CF2958-E2FE-4E22-AE14-2D2E22CFA548.jpg
Views: 1708
Size:  92.1 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Finished putting the LPK in. The LPK is a mish mash of leftover parts. Some OEM, some AIM and some I have no idea where they came from since they were given to me. I’ll order a new LPK soon. Probably OEM.

This came with its own locking block. Problem being, the block was ROUGH and was too wide to fit into the frame. A few minutes with a flat file fixed that.

I really like the texture of the frame. Better than the SCT frame. I will probably take Dremel to the relief cut under the trigger guard and contour it a little more. And depending on how the first range session goes I may do a little relief work around the mag release.

Name:  CEED003D-5247-46D3-8F8B-F45889E2937E.jpg
Views: 1952
Size:  85.6 KB
    Name:  EDBDE98D-D85A-495A-A0A1-B22C9975C8A0.jpg
Views: 1961
Size:  101.8 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Combat Armory CA19 frame (Glock 19 clone) build

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    When @Gadfly posted a link to Combat Armory in my Remsport slide thread I, of course, clicked the link and surfed their website. They have these frames on sale for $39.99. They looked really nice so I HAD to buy one to play around with. Just picked it up this afternoon. I really like the texture. Reminds me of the Shadow Systems frame. I’m gonna get the lower put together later tonight after the wife and kid go to bed.
    The only complaint I have had so far is the trigger guard is just a hair too wide. Works in in all my leather, but it is snug in kydex. Like, very snug. Gun feels fantastic. Trigger is all stock, but feels like a minus connector even though it is an OEM Glock 5.5lb connector on a Lone Wolf standard striker.

The slide I bought from Combat Armory is RMR cut. I don't own a RDS to install on it at this point, so I ordered a slide cover plate off amazon. fit was not good to say the least. so I returned it and bought a PSA Dagger slide cover plate... it wont fit into the cut. Crap. Both plates would sit well below the top of the slide when installed. I assume this means the RMR will sit nice and low, but it means both cover plates do not sit flush with the top of the slide. Not sure what to do since Combat Armory does not list a cover plate as an option for that slide... Glock metal night sights that i had off an old gun were installed, and the fight is TIGHT. Like, I had to file on the rear sight some to get it going.

Note below how low the cover plates would sit in the cut, there is a huge stepped up lip between the plate and the slide. Not sure how to address that yet…

Have not had a chance to shoot it yet...
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post

Note below how low the cover plates would sit in the cut, there is a huge stepped up lip between the plate and the slide. Not sure how to address that yet…

Have not had a chance to shoot it yet...
    Haven’t had any issues with holsters for mine. I just measured the width of trigger guard and it’s the same width or a touch smaller than my G19.3 or G19.5. Wider than my G26.

If you have a micrometer measure the depth of the cut. Brownells cuts are pretty deep. I can measure my Brownells slide cut. They make a cover for theirs I believe. May be closer to the right size.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Remsport 17 slide.

Name:  87187079-2ADB-46E7-9FA8-9AC3B081EF2F.jpg
Views: 1716
Size:  81.1 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.

User Tag List