Thread: 3 gun or multigun scopes?

3 gun or multigun scopes?

Anyone have a Burris MTAC scope? What are you guys using for 3 gun or multigun competition on your AR-15 style carbines?

If you're on a budget, the MTAC is a really good choice.

If money is no object, the Swarovski Z6i-BRT is the best practical rifle optic made.

If you're in-between, you might look at the Leopold VX6 Multigun model.
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

I agree with Chris. The MTAC is what I recommend to people starting out on a budget. The Meopta K-Dot is another good option in between the MTAC and the Swaro and its ilk.

I just started running an MTAC in 3-gun earlier this year. The glass doesn't seem quite as clear as the high dollar scopes, and the magnification adjustment would benefit from having a cat tail on there, but all in all it's a solid scope for the money.
    Anti-astroturfing disclaimer: I am the owner of Bagman Tactical (custom tactical nylon).

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rhines View Post

If money is no object, the Swarovski Z6i-BRT is the best practical rifle optic made.

Just got VX 6 in for T&E. I won't have anything serious to say about for it at least 3 months, but it looks promising. There are two models, a MilSpec and civilian. Seems to me no one other than military divers "need" the MilSpec version.

Lots of cool features.

I'll report back when I know something tangible. Until then, my apologies for piping up without results or feedback.

Go Ducks!
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rhines View Post

I agree except I would also take a hard look at the Vortex 1-6 in the 1000 to 1500 K price range.
    Pat

User Tag List