Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: pocket holster recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    if you end up not being able to get the Aholster to work, the Tomahawk is made from sufficiently thin leather so that it does not add considerably to the total thickness that must be hidden. The really big extension under the grip helps to position the gun, and also pushes the pocket fabric outward so that it is less likely to lay around the shape of the grip. The angled position in the pocket can slightly slow a draw but also helps keep the bulge small. I find it to be among the better solutions for avoiding printing, although the folded copy paper makes a really nice anti-print panel when one really, really must be discreet.
    I'll file that away for the next time I look at a pocket holster, maybe for the PM9, maybe for my J-frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
    That’s how it works on my Aholster. I obtain a full grip then pull. The Aholster stays in my pocket. At this point many hundreds of presentations, and the Aholster has never left my pocket.
    Good to know. Thank you.

I picked up a Safariland pocket holster this weekend for my 442. Think I’m going to pickup another one for my LCP Max.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/safa...-25-01-21.html

I have a number of pocket holsters from Aholster that I've been very happy with. It has the benefits of kydex, and the design essentially guarantees the holster will stay in the pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Moped View Post
    I picked up a Safariland pocket holster this weekend for my 442. Think I’m going to pickup another one for my LCP Max.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/safa...-25-01-21.html
    I hope you don't mind plenty of wear on your 442, because the SF25 will do it.
    LET'S GO BRANDON!

I always used Alabama pocket holsters, decided to try Aholsters. Been happy with it. Can even use it in gym shorts and it will draw pretty clean and leave the holster in the pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is anyone using the Aholster Backbone with a snub? It looks like it may break up better.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Recently picked up the Vedder Pocket Locker for an LCP Max .380. It's a great holster well made, good retention, easy to draw from pocket provided I use the standard 10rd mag. Been using it in NPE cases, wearing shorts, etc.

https://www.vedderholsters.com/pocket-locker-holster/

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Is anyone using the Aholster Backbone with a snub? It looks like it may break up better.
    I looked at it. But not a fan of the open cylinder, would bug me thinking of how much pocket shit would end up in there. That’s just me though.

Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I hope you don't mind plenty of wear on your 442, because the SF25 will do it.
    The finish on the 442 isn't all that great to begin with. I accidently dropped it, a week after I got it and scratched the finish on it. This isn't the best finish S&W ever used. I won it off an auction for $300. So now it's sort of a beater, that I occasionally carry. It's a decent little shooter, though. I do like this pocket holster better than the Uncle Mike's I was using. though.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    I looked at it. But not a fan of the open cylinder, would bug me thinking of how much pocket shit would end up in there. That’s just me though.

I have one and have used it quite a bit. Kydex is hard on airweight J finishes, so it hasn’t been used much since I switched to mostly carrying my newer 442-1 as my EDC in preference to my old 642-2 to stop using a gun with the dumb S&W lock. The 642 basically has no finish left, but the 442 is in pretty good shape still.

User Tag List