Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: pocket holster recommendation

I did go ahead and order a Backbone, I hadn’t considered finish issues. My 442 is matte nickel, so hopefully it will fare ok. It’s prelock…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Is anyone using the Aholster Backbone with a snub? It looks like it may break up better.
    I use one daily with a nickel '80s era M37.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Alabama pocket holster. Thin Kyle’s molded to the specific pistol. Curved holster so it sits comfortably in the pocket. Slight lip molded for thumb so that holster easily releases pistol on draw.

Happy (original) Insurrection Day!

Just a quick update on my Aholster pocket holster. At first I was going to return it as it kept coming out of the cargo pockets of my shorts. Pressing my thumb on the hook in front of the rear sight was awkward, spoiled my grip and left the firearm still inside the holster.

Then I was told I was using the hook incorrectly and it was supposed to catch on the pocket during the draw, keeping the holster in the pocket and presenting the firearm with a solid grip.

I felt like an idiot, but I was using it incorrectly. Using it properly and the holster has stayed inside the pocket and released the firearm each and every time I have practiced with it. I am not yet comfortable enough to carry it - still have more unconscious competence to develop, but I think this will work out very nicely. If it continues to work out, I expect I'll order one for my J, and possible for my G26 (that's a little big for pocket carry, but it's nice to have options).

I spoke & emailed with Alan at Aholster before ordering...he's an imminently patient man.

Me:Can I get one for my .22 LCP that allows manipulation of the safety?
    Alan: Yes, put it in the notes.
    Me: Will the Aholster for the .38 LCR work with my .22 & .32 LCRs?
    Alan: Might be a little loose, Backbone will work for sure.
    Me: My sweat eats guns & I'm worried about the Backbone leaving too much exposed to my body acid.
    Alan: Here's my video on heat treating and tightening an Aholster.

So I ordered Aholsters for both. At check out, they offered something like 30% off another Aholster for a j-frame. I'm j-less these days, but my bestest shooting buddy has a few, so I added one to my cart. Scheduled to arrive today, will report back.

Aholsters arrived before noon and they're just great. Plenty of access to the LCP's safety and the .22 LCR fits perfectly!

Name:  AH1.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  37.1 KB

The flutes on the .32's cylinder don't mate well with the Aholster's molding, makes the trigger guard gape wildly. If I regularly pocket carried my .32, I'd get the Backbone for sure.

Name:  AH2.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  20.0 KB

Name:  AH3.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  20.7 KB

Great service, short lead time, terrific product - buy with confidence. (And don't be a little 'net bitch and complain that you had to file the needle sharp point down a little bit, it takes a whopping 5 seconds.)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Aholsters arrived before noon and they're just great. Plenty of access to the LCP's safety and the .22 LCR fits perfectly!

Name:  AH1.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  37.1 KB

The flutes on the .32's cylinder don't mate well with the Aholster's molding, makes the trigger guard gape wildly. If I regularly pocket carried my .32, I'd get the Backbone for sure.

Name:  AH2.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  20.0 KB

Name:  AH3.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  20.7 KB

Great service, short lead time, terrific product - buy with confidence. (And don't be a little 'net bitch and complain that you had to file the needle sharp point down a little bit, it takes a whopping 5 seconds.)
    In addition to sanding down that point, I also wrap it with Moleskin, using a width slightly longer than the filed-down point.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    In addition to sanding down that point, I also wrap it with Moleskin, using a width slightly longer than the filed-down point.
    Thought of your moleskin tip today, in fact! I’ll be doing this as well…where’d you order moleskin anyway?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Thought of your moleskin tip today, in fact! I’ll be doing this as well…where’d you order moleskin anyway?
    It should be in the foot care section of any pharmacy.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List