Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: pocket holster recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshot View Post
    Thanks for all the advice. I ordered the Aholster. It seems to have a much smoother outline in the pocket vs the Vedder or the Pocket Concealment. I may not be able to hide I have something in my pocket, but if it looks like I have a gun in my pocket, the holster has failed.

Should have it in two or three weeks. Hopefully I can post a positive review.
    I use an RCS pocket shield outboard of the pocket holster.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Alabama holster

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I use an RCS pocket shield outboard of the pocket holster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squib308 View Post
    Alabama holster
    Not sure about the pocket shield. It seems like an interesting idea, but is it one more thing to get in the way of a smooth draw?

Not sure why I hadn't considered the Alabama holster. I have its pocket holster book marked on my laptop and it looks like it would meet my needs. If the Aholster doesn't work out I suspect I'll try the Alabama next. Thanks for the reminder.

Site Supporter
    DeSantis for J frames. Have one also for a G42, but I haven't used it much.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    DeSantis for J frames. Have one also for a G42, but I haven't used it much.
    I have the Desantis Nemesis for a J-frame and a baby Glock. It works better with the J, but I'm not of fan of the holster for either gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Squib308 View Post
    Alabama holster
    +1

Site Supporter
    My pocket carry is done strictly with snubs, I really like Kramer's pocket holster. I have one of DB's Force Option pocket holsters coming from Wilderness to try out.

I use two holsters for my pocket pistols (G42 & various LPPs): DeSantis Superfly and Aholster. For most pistols I have both holsters, because I’ve found one style or the other works best in certain pants,

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshot View Post
    Not sure about the pocket shield. It seems like an interesting idea, but is it one more thing to get in the way of a smooth draw?
    It's purpose is to break up the outline of whatever is in said pocket. I wear it daily outboard of a J-frame in an Aholster Backbone. Prior to the J, I wore it outboard of a Taurus TCP in a DeSantis Nemesis. If you are going to be carrying your PM9 in your left pocket, the pocket shield will help prevent the mag release from getting bumped, but won't entirely prevent it. You might inquire of the of these holster makers if the holster is molded to protect the mag release. Rich at CCC molded his holsters this way, but I don't know if the others do.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    I found that the G42 holster with the pocket guard starting to be a bit bulky for my tastes. Since I don't trust the gun that much, it is in the box o' holsters.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

User Tag List