Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: San Diego Marines ask teens to stop lighting fireworks, get mobbed & beaten

San Diego Marines ask teens to stop lighting fireworks, get mobbed & beaten

https://nypost.com/2023/05/30/video-...p-to-40-teens/

A few Marines enjoying the beach on Memorial Day asked a group of teens to stop lighting fireworks after being hit by debris. One of the teens sucker punched a marine and a melee ensued, with up to 40 teenagers swarming and beating the servicemen.

Maybe the whole platoon would like to have an evening on the beach.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Things I can say with near-certainty:

-Every Marine Commander and First Sergeant was telling their formations this morning to avoid off post travel whenever possible, and remain inconspicuous when off post and never draw attention to yourself for any reason.
    Furthermore, any attempts to group up and find these kids for vengeance will get the whole book of UCMJ thrown at them.

-LEO's in that area are probably pissed and will do what they can, but once any of these little shits are caught, it's unlikely any of them will even get past a Grand Jury. Guys I know who were stationed there tell me many of the perpetrators of property crime and punk stuff like this have rich-ass parents, and that the legal system and normal jurors in that area treat service members with barely-concealed hatred.

-If any of those Marines had successfully defended themselves and injured one of those little shits, they'd be brought up on charges that would stick and even if they beat it in the courtroom, their career would have been over.

Anthony Burgess and Stanly Kubrick were prophets.

Name:  got_moloko_-3926436221.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  39.3 KB
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Things I can say with near-certainty:

-Every Marine Commander and First Sergeant was telling their formations this morning to avoid off post travel whenever possible, and remain inconspicuous when off post and never draw attention to yourself for any reason.
    Furthermore, any attempts to group up and find these kids for vengeance will get the whole book of UCMJ thrown at them.

-LEO's in that area are probably pissed and will do what they can, but once any of these little shits are caught, it's unlikely any of them will even get past a Grand Jury. Guys I know who were stationed there tell me many of the perpetrators of property crime and punk stuff like this have rich-ass parents, and that the legal system and normal jurors in that area treat service members with barely-concealed hatred.

-If any of those Marines had successfully defended themselves and injured one of those little shits, they'd be brought up on charges that would stick and even if they beat it in the courtroom, their career would have been over.
    I think you are a 100% right. However, Camp Pendleton and MCRD aren't the only umm, local resources that can respond to this. Unfortunately for these little shits not every Marine is a innocent white farm kid from Nebraska. I would be very surprised if there aren't painful consequences sans direct Marine involvement leaving their hands clean.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuefelhunden View Post
    I think you are a 100% right. However, Camp Pendleton and MCRD aren't the only umm, local resources that can respond to this. Unfortunately for these little shits not every Marine is a innocent white farm kid from Nebraska. I would be very surprised if there aren't painful consequences sans direct Marine involvement leaving their hands clean.
    Having known a few white farm kids in law school, I suggest not underestimating them.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Having known a few white farm kids in law school, I suggest not underestimating them.
    Having been raised with them, I fully agree.

Site Supporter
    I believe @Tuefelhunden was low-key alluding to a strong Hispanic American/gang/possibly cartel crossover that is muuuch more prevalent West Coast than East Coast. I noticed it when I was stationed in Pendleton. Could carry a little more weight re groups getting retribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuefelhunden View Post
    Apparently, you've never spent time on a farm or in Nebraska.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Thank you Tots. You got my full meaning exactly. A 12 pack or two and maybe 50 bucks with the right Familia connections can buy an incredible amount of favor in certain circles. Not saying it's right I'm just saying.

For the literalists among us I meant no disrespect to farm folk or Nebraska. Perhaps I should have used myself as an example and said a naïve white kid from metro Oregon vs 5th generation Oakland, Compton, LA with masters level street smarts but some how it didn't seem to have the same punch.

User Tag List