Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pocket Magazine Carriers

Site Supporter

Pocket Magazine Carriers

Is anyone using a pocket magazine carrier such as the DeSantis Holster Mag-Packer or the Galco PMC magazine carrier? If so how do you like it? Any others on the market? This would be for a Glock 17 magazine though I could go to a 19 if needed. Thanks and be safe.

I don't use any of the commercially available mag carriers because I can't devote an entire pocket to it. What do I use is the Glock mag loading tool! I cover the hole with a little piece of thin cardboard and electrical tape, and it sits vertically in the front of the pocket. Behind it is keys, etc. that keep it from shifting too much.

I was using a 1791 Gunleather kydex Snagmag for the last 18 months as my offside spare mag for a G48. Worked great until I bent the clip one too many times and now I can't find it. I'm sure the mag is somewhere in my house. I'll buy another one and one for a G19. Just looks like a knife clip in your pocket.

Site Supporter
    I only use pocket magazine carriers when I am pocket carrying a gun. With the gun in my strong side front pocket, everything else that must go in a front pocket must go on the weak side. So, I use pocket magazine carriers that protect the feed lips but do not significantly add to the bulk in the pocket.

I have two pocket magazine carriers. One is from Kramer:

https://www.kramerleather.com/collec...magazine-pouch

The other is from Recluse Holsters:

https://recluseholster.com/recluse-s...zine-pouch-g42

Both pouches are soft leather with absolutely minimal retention. Although a pocket pouch should have considerably less retention than a pouch that is solidly mounted on a belt, a little more retention would be nice.

If I am carrying a gun IWB, I prefer OWB magazine pouches which are not only faster, but which do not take up space in my pockets.

Ive used the DeSantis Holster Mag-Packer for about four years . Not by choice, but it is very useful when carrying a gun is frowned upon . I found the pouch conceals better after brake in and gets curved properly .
    I would recommend unloading the magazine and blowing out the fuzz once a month and dissembling the mag at least every other month . Magazines just get a lot of crap in them riding in that environment.

Site Supporter
    If I'm dedicating a pocket to something, it's a Snub. I do find the Neomag to work pretty well. I generally don't carry a spare mag on person, but keep a couple in my center console. One has a Neomag attached that I can quickly clip to my offside front pocket if wanted.

Site Supporter
    I occasionally use a DeSantis Mag Packer. I've found the times I feel I need it are those that are in more discrete environments. In those situations I carry the Mag Packer in my off-side front pocket and clip my Benchmade to one wing and Streamlight to the other. More like a pocket shield. It's not my favorite means of carry but it's functional though slow in its intended use.

RCS pocket shield and BFG ten speed double mag pouch. Mag, light, & knife or OC stay organized and breaks up the outline well.

I use a size 8 of the below. It holds a double stack 9mm Glock magazine on one side and a CAT tourniquet in the other pocket. It carries fine in BDU pants/shorts lower leg pocket.

https://www.thewilderness.com/magazi...ag-pouch-bpmp/

Snagmag has become my go to. It fits a very wide range of magazine lengths and it works great in a backpack/bag compartment.

https://1791gunleather.com/product/snagmag/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List