Thread: Taurus 82 holster question

Site Supporter

Taurus 82 holster question

In the spirit of supporting companies that are listening and making products we want I’ve decided to pick up a new Taurus 82 and give it a shot instead of picking up another used Model 10. My question is for anyone that has first hand knowledge (looking at you @jetfire ) of holsters for this revolver. I need something that will securely hold it for range use, think an IDPA match or pistol class. I’m looking for a strong side holster like a Simply Rugged Cattleman or maybe a Comp-Tac International for the 4” K frame if that fits. I’m currently leaning toward the Cattleman (or El Dorado) from Simply Rugged so anyone currently using one of those, even for other guns, I’d love to hear your thoughts. I’d prefer something that has enough retention to not need a thumb snap.

I have a Galco Silhouette for a K frame which rides much to high for a comfortable draw and used to have a Simply Rugged Sourdough for a 3” GP100 which was doable but I’d like something that rides a little bit lower since this will be a range gun not a carry gun.

Thank you in advance!

I run a K-frame Comp Tac International in IDPA and it’s perfect. For leather OWB I use a L-frame Galco Combat master.

Site Supporter
    Awesome, that’s what I needed to know!

If anyone has thoughts on the various Simply Rugged holsters I’d be interested in hearing those as well.

User Tag List