Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post clean accuracy loss

Site Supporter
    Frame is cracked if I'm seeing what I think. This area is Smith's weak spot. I had a brand new air weight K frame crack there with the first shot out of a box of factory wadcutters.

Likely going to have the forcing cone cleaned up, and recrown to 11 degrees. Debating if I have the smith do it, or simply rent the tools for about $85.

Wanted to check out the internals, and discovered metal flakes all throughout. For whatever reason I'm not really shocked. Not sure if S&W would do anything with this. I installed the Apex kit myself and could see Smith saying that caused the issues. I would remove the Apex guts before sending it back.

Haven't taken apart too many Js, but pretty sure this isn't good.

Name:  20230530_134712.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  31.9 KB

On the plus side, this helps talk me out of the 43c.
    Taking a break from social media.

Update:

My 442 is back to shooting 10s at 25 yards. Seems like it just needed to get dirty after being bore snaked and wiped down...
    Good thing is, no work needs done on it. Irons hit to POA, as does LG-405 once again. Only changed variable is more rounds.

Didn't learn my lesson and decided to buy the 43c anyway. It's short journey has been shared elsewhere.
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List