Thread: Prosecutor Says Colion Noir Should Be In Prison?! (You Decide)

Prosecutor Says Colion Noir Should Be In Prison?! (You Decide)

USCCA - May 28, 2023

This video is for educational purposes.

00:00 USCCA scenario training with Colion Noir.
    01:46 Post-training assessment.
    04:42 What if this had been a real gunfight?
    07:05 Tom’s pitch for prison.
    08:25 Colion’s potential legal defense.
    Yippee ki-yay

That was interesting to watch. I thought it was amazing that Colion swore he only shot 3 times when in fact he shot 8 times. That shows you, no matter how much training or how much we think we are prepared, in reality we are not. Also, it appears that Colion didn't realize he shot the guy in the back when he turned to run.
    You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.

My thoughts as someone who is NOT a lawyer but did watch an episode of Law and Order like seven years ago…

1) We have to remember this is a (cool) commercial designed to sell us CCW insurance. One way to sell is by causing fear which the lawyer guy is doing by making a clear cut case of self defense seem like it could be legally sketchy. Unless you live in SF or NYC I’d say there is nearly zero chance he would get charged for this.

2) While the dude was running away, he still maintained possession of his gun. Had Colion chased him out of the store and continued to fire then I think there could be a case made for using excessive force but the way it went down I think Colion is fine.

3) While is “GF” was able to leave, in many states you do not have a duty to retreat. His life was in danger, he was well within his rights to defend himself. Besides, what’s not to say that had both of them started to run it could have drawn the attention of the bad guy who suddenly decides he doesnt want to let witnesses escape? “ladies and gentlemen of the jury, my client, being the fine upstanding citizen that he is, what covering for his GF and making sure she could escape safely from this raving lunatic! He put her safety over his own and as a result had to be VICTIM of this traumatic event.”

4) Tactics wise: Good on Colion for “waiting his turn” and standing up so he could move faster and then moving laterally off the X while shooting the threat.

5) More places needs to design force on force at this level. WELL DONE!

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    1) We have to remember this is a (cool) commercial designed to sell us CCW insurance. One way to sell is by causing fear which the lawyer guy is doing by making a clear cut case of self defense seem like it could be legally sketchy.
    Agreed. That was my big takeaway. He said a whole lot without actually saying anything useful.

If we asked an AI algorithm to vomit a bunch of non-contextual general risks to armed self-defense, that was pretty much it.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List