Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: PS90 - one of those lust things

@fatdog - what is your slinging arrangement? I’m seeing the Urban ERT sling out there, but it looks like cosplay for a bondage convention.

https://www.urbanertslings.com/fn-p9...-complete-kit/
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    @fatdog - what is your slinging arrangement? I’m seeing the Urban ERT sling out there, but it looks like cosplay for a bondage convention.

https://www.urbanertslings.com/fn-p9...-complete-kit/
    Ken, I had one of those and found the snap together links got in the way of my grip, both front and rear, gave it to a guy at my gun club who has a PS90. It worked but I just found it was in my way more than it was helping.

The sling in the picture of my rifle back on page 1 is a simple Magpul, I have also been known to hook up a Proctor sling.

The rear QD attachment point is provided by the Haga cheek riser in my case, I have a QD point both on the pic rail at the top of the receiver and another M-Lok QD attachment point on the Haga forend. If I were going to sling it over my back and move with it I would use the forward QD socket but slung in front of me in a ready position I most often choose the QD socket on the side of the receiver pic rail.

if you want a QD attachment point on the front of the body of the gun, there are some that replace the frame screws (theoretically could go in any of them) and before the Haga forend I had one all the way out in the last screw in the front of the body. That almost worked fine but since I use the KM Aerospace charging handle, it was in the way for me and I took it off.

Bottom line for me was there are lots of options but it took getting my ass in the grass with the rifle to figure out what was really going to be the best ergonomically for me, it was trial and try again.

Name:  Picture1.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  59.2 KB
    Last edited by fatdog; 06-02-2023 at 03:19 PM.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post

Bottom line for me was there are lots of options but it took getting my ass in the grass with the rifle to figure out what was really going to be the best ergonomically for me, it was trial and try again.
    This is the key. I was pretty sure the buckles would drive me crazy, but I’m also not sure of QD cup positioning. I’ll probably hold off until after it’s SBRed and then start playing with QD cups - on ARs I traditionally run them just forward of the barrel nut/Delta ring and on the end plate with a 2 to 1 convertible sling, but the balance of a PS90 is going to be totally different. Ass in the grass indeed!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Things are coming together, but I won’t be able to shoot it for a few months until I’m out of the neck brace.

Ammunition stocked, temporary RDS mounted (a Romeo5 that will get used on a 10/22.) I’m still looking at slinging options but that’s not urgent. The trigger is fine as is so no work needed there, and the stock cocking handles are fine for me.

This really won’t have any practical use. I love the first world.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Ditto. But if I got one I'd want to SBR it. And if I SBR'ed it I'd want to SBR one of these billet receivers instead of the factory cast one. But that means I'd either have to buy a whole PS90 and then pay extra for the aftermarket receiver, or try to buy all the non-receiver parts piecemeal to build up the receiver. And of course then I'd have to get a silencer for it too. Also I've basically run out of room in my safe for long guns, I don't need another caliber to buy, and I already have an SBR'ed Rattler that makes a much better PDW.

It's all too much work, honestly.
    Not to enable or anything, but FN Specialties has that receiver on sale right now.
    Ken

I just got the alert that Aimpoint had the Duty RDS back in stock, so that’s ordered. I’m tempted to start the Form 1 process now while I’m laid up.
    Ken

Where are the pictures of this ultra cool kid blaster?
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Hard to do too much right now with me laid up. Let me see what I can do.
    Ken

Heal up first dude!
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Heal up first dude!
    Screw that, we want pics!😈
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List