Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PS90 - one of those lust things

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I too share an irrational desire for a PS90.
    Ditto. But if I got one I'd want to SBR it. And if I SBR'ed it I'd want to SBR one of these billet receivers instead of the factory cast one. But that means I'd either have to buy a whole PS90 and then pay extra for the aftermarket receiver, or try to buy all the non-receiver parts piecemeal to build up the receiver. And of course then I'd have to get a silencer for it too. Also I've basically run out of room in my safe for long guns, I don't need another caliber to buy, and I already have an SBR'ed Rattler that makes a much better PDW.

It's all too much work, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Medical limitations that developed the last couple of years have put major caliber rifles and shotguns out of my path for good. I have to limit long guns to things like .22LR, .22WMR and the 5.7 so I dove into the PS90 a while back just to have some long gun with at least pistol caliber terminal ballistics. I have not done the SBR but it is not as simple as rebarreling an AR, certainly people have done it on their own. CMMG is the barrel source.

It is just a barrel swap to get to SBR and I think the flush fit CMMG's take you from 16 down to 10.5 when installed. With the 16" in place it is barely a snitch over the 26" limit.

With the advent of Palmetto's AAC line the ammo has become much more affordable than even pre-pandemic times. Fiocchi who was loading for FN has established their own branded line. The American Eagle FMJ that Fiocchi is loading for Federal in their MO plant is crap for the PS90, I have had many instances of serious bullet setback, it was probably intended for pistols with a straight feed only. PSA's ammo is very accurate and about 50-100 fps hotter than the equivalent Vmax bullets loaded for the FN or Fiocchi branded ammo. It is possible to reload the cases once or twice, but I am not up for that just yet. There is a coating on the cases that will wear off quickly and then you get stuck cases or balky extraction when it is gone. This is a straight blowback action.

There are some ergo challenges for me with the PS90, but with some aftermarket parts they have all been solved. Getting one of the aftermarket low mount bases is mandatory unless you want to deal with a horrible level of offset and holdovers. There is a fix for the trigger that helps but it is still a bullpup, you are not going to get to match level triggers in these.

Other than the problems with American Eagle ammo, mine has been perfectly reliable, and with good ammo it is a 1.5 moa rifle out to 100 yards or so. Lots of fun and everybody at the range wants to give it a try. Recoil is .22WMR level.

If mine were a pure range toy I would SBR it, but I figure that this weak cartridge needs all the barrel it can get for my purposes. I am getting 2450-2500 fps with the SS198LF ammo out of the thing. I think the local coyotes should still consider me a threat.

Attachment 105157

That thing is just damn sexy.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

I am such a slut. Ordered.

Now, what optic?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

@fatdog, is this the PSA ammunition you mentioned upthread?

Name:  IMG_3349.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  29.1 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I am such a slut. Ordered.

Now, what optic?
    Accro?

Bigger?

Was out with my FN15 this morning, it wears the MRO.
    I'm diggin' that optic.
    I don't know much about these weapons, but the rail looks like it screams for a low mount optic.

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Accro?

Bigger?

Was out with my FN15 this morning, it wears the MRO.
    I'm diggin' that optic.
    I don't know much about these weapons, but the rail looks like it screams for a low mount optic.
    Not sure, I’ll want to shoot it in as is to be sure it doesn’t need immediate warranty work. The high rail has to go. But after that, I have a couple of options I can do with what I have on hand:

* Romeo4T
    * Steiner MPS
    * Aimpoint M2

I like how low a R4T or T1 would mount in this one:

https://dmachineri.com/collections/s...23497745334336
    Ken

I dig that new Steiner optic. 🥒

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    I dig that new Steiner optic. 🥒
    Which one?
    Ken

@fatdog, is this the PSA ammunition you mentioned upthread?

Name:  IMG_3349.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  29.1 KB
    Yes, as with most PSA things it goes in and out of stock but on Friday they had the Vmax for 60 cents and the fmj for 50 cents. Both have run fine for me and the AAC Vmax is hotter and more accurate than both the Fiocchi or FN labeled loading of the same bullet.

Which one?
    I was referring to the new pistol sight, which I'm sure that you could mount.....

But then there's this ;

https://www.steiner-optics.com/battle-sights/drs1x

User Tag List