Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: PS90 - one of those lust things

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Yes, as with most PSA things it goes in and out of stock but on Friday they had the Vmax for 60 cents and the fmj for 50 cents. Both have run fine for me and the AAC Vmax is hotter and more accurate than both the Fiocchi or FN labeled loading of the same bullet.
    I signed up for the stock notifications. Thank you!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    I was referring to the new pistol sight, which I'm sure that you could mount.....

But then there's this ;

https://www.steiner-optics.com/battle-sights/drs1x
    I remember seeing those - my only issue with one on a PS90 is that it would sit really high.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I signed up for the stock notifications.
    I don't even think those work at PSA...better to check every afternoon...that is what it took for me to get some, none of the out of stock notifications from those guys has triggered for me on those high demand items...

Another optic option that is popular on the PS90 Reddit. The OEM sight manufacturer in the UK is offering an updated battery powered 1x prism sight. Pricing isn’t bad, and the dollar is strong right now. This one is tempting - the gun will be a toy, so having something close to the original optic is appealing. I’m searching for reviews.

https://www.ringsights.com/products/mc-10-80-p90-sight/

https://www.kingsviewoptical.com/pro...ack-ringsight/
    Ken

Reviews make the Ring Sight sound pretty primitive. I’ll keep an eye out for a used one, but I would probably do better to put something else on there.

I’ll use one of my Romeo4Ts for now, and maybe order a Duty RDS (the cheap T sight) at some later point - they use the same Design Machine mount.
    Ken

Midsouth has Fiocchi on sale.

Not sure how good the price is, just doing my bit to help enable.😁
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

62 grain subs? Interesting.
    Ken

62 grain subs? Interesting.
    If the question is "How do we get near-.22LR performance, but spend a LOT of money per round doing so?" then that seems like a good answer.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    If the question is "How do we get near-.22LR performance, but spend a LOT of money per round doing so?" then that seems like a good answer.
    Or if the question is “how do I reduce suppressed sound signature as much as possible for critter popping” it might be a good answer, too.
    Ken

Or if the question is “how do I reduce suppressed sound signature as much as possible for critter popping” it might be a good answer, too.
    You want maximum efficiency in discreet critter popping for chicken coop counterassault patrols? I submit to you for your inspection this contraption:

CMMG 4.5" barrel keeps any high velocity rounds subsonic, and the Silencerco Spectre II means no first round pop. Aimpoint M4 plus 3x magnifier gives good daytime targeting capabilities even when the threat is high up in a tree. Surefire Vampire light gives a good shine off the eyes of any critters when viewed through nods, and the CQBL-1 being parallel over the bore means no offset to deal with for close range targets.

It looks silly, but it has put down a lot of critters, and every bit of kit on that has been used for that purpose.

Best ammunition I've found is CCI segmented subsonic hollow point. (Regular subsonic, not the 'quiet' variety.) I've had more one shot drops with that than anything else. As long as you put it in their head, it's good. Other brand hollow points haven't been nearly as efficient.

This is an older pic, it has since been upgraded with a Sig collapsing/folding stock, since I don't need the buffer tube to cycle.

User Tag List