Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention Nerds: BattleTech Book Humble Bundle

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Attention Nerds: BattleTech Book Humble Bundle

Available now on Humble Bundle: 60 books in the BattleTech universe for as little as $18. Apparently, there's only about 100 BattleTech books total, so 60 of them is rather a lot.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Wow! Tempt me not, foul creature!
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    I own the original paperbacks of every single one of those novels. Some are the original FASA published runs from the 1980's too. The rest were ROC.

The only original 'Classic Battletech' novel that I never found a copy of was 'The Sword and the Dagger'.

If my parents had any idea how advanced those novels were, I'm sure I'd never have been allowed to read them. I think I was in 5th grade when I read the Gray Death Legion series, and started the Blood of Kerensky trilogy the summer between 5th and 6th grade...

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    The only original 'Classic Battletech' novel that I never found a copy of was 'The Sword and the Dagger'.
    It's on Amazon, provided you don't mind spending $100 for a 36 year old paperback.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    It's on Amazon, provided you don't mind spending $100 for a 36 year old paperback.
    I bid one up on ebay about 15 years ago to $45+ shipping. It ended up selling for around $90 IIRC.

I'm just not that much of a Battletech nerd anymore. I just fondly remember being a BT nerd with BT nerd friends in simpler times, and I've got a ton of respect for the novels and universe and all the heart & soul that got poured into making it such a vivid and vibrant experience for all of these years.

Site Supporter
    I’ve never read any BattleTech. I think I remember a TV cartoon about it.

Hmm.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Available now on Humble Bundle: 60 books in the BattleTech universe for as little as $18. Apparently, there's only about 100 BattleTech books total, so 60 of them is rather a lot.
    Thank you.

Site Supporter
    Man, I read a handful of those and liked them, as an adolescent. I wonder how they hold up. Michael Stackpole made a real career for himself out of writing licensed military science fiction novels.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I’ve never read any BattleTech. I think I remember a TV cartoon about it.

Hmm.
    The cartoon is available in full on YouTube.

Here's the first episode:

Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    Man, I read a handful of those and liked them, as an adolescent. I wonder how they hold up. Michael Stackpole made a real career for himself out of writing licensed military science fiction novels.
    Michael Stackpole's works don't hold up very well. William Keith's, however, I think have aged pretty well.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

I always liked the two Robert Charrette novels the best...back when there was still mystery around Wolf's Dragoons.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List