Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Jersey just enacted largest gun ban in US history

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Well, this should solve the crime problem in New Jersey, no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well if solving the crime problem starts by making a ton of easy-to-convict felons out of regular folks with zero priors, then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Well, this should solve the crime problem in New Jersey, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Well if solving the crime problem starts by making a ton of easy-to-convict felons out of regular folks with zero priors, then yes.
    “If you can’t catch criminals, criminalize the people you can catch.”
    Yippee ki-yay

Site Supporter
    it is most likely that neither the legislators who voted for the bill nor the governor who signed it had any idea about tis full implications as written. Their intent was simply to ban partially completed frames and 3D printed guns. They most likely lacked both the knowledge and diligence to understand that most guns made prior to 1968 were not required to have a serial number. This was stupidity more than maliciousness.

Unfortunately, when one of the more urban/antigun police departments in NJ arrests someone with grandpa's old deer shotgun from 1953, the court will look to the statute as written. Unless that language is ambiguous, that is as far as they will look.

You make the mistake of thinking they care. Ownership of firearms in NJ is banned. Ownership only happens through exceptions. Thus all firearm ownership in NJ is at the peril of the owner. Any chance to stick it to gun owners in NJ is seized at every opportunity. They do not care about unintended consequences.

Site Supporter
    I’m in the northeast but not from New Jersey. Badly written laws are a failure of citizens to hold politician’s to a standard. Jersey voted for it they got it. I suspect and hope that the general consensus of these laws are stupid will be overturned by state legislature. But I don’t have much hope.

Its not that simple. The liberal dem cities outvote the rest of the state.

Site Supporter
    I grew up in northwest NJ. My house as well as almost every other house in the neighborhood had at least some guns. Guns are quite common in rural/suburban parts of the state. Police departments in those regions can be gun-friendly.

User Tag List