Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Jersey just enacted largest gun ban in US history

New Jersey just enacted largest gun ban in US history

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakdalecurtis View Post
    I will bet, with 99% certainty, that the law, as reported by TTAG, will not survive judicial review.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I will bet, with 99% certainty, that the law, as reported by TTAG, will not survive judicial review.
    98 percent chance that the hysteria lives on to fight another day though…
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    98 percent chance that the hysteria lives on to fight another day though…
    Until the people who write up, support, and vote for such nonsense laws start facing bona fide consequences for attempting to pass them, nothing will change.

It will continue to be the 'maybe it'll work this time' system where they have unlimited taxpayer-funded attempts to turn regular folks into felons as fast and as broadly as they desire.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Until the people who write up, support, and vote for such nonsense laws start facing bona fide consequences for attempting to pass them, nothing will change.

It will continue to be the 'maybe it'll work this time' system where they have unlimited taxpayer-funded attempts to turn regular folks into felons as fast and as broadly as they desire.
    Yeah, that’s about right.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I had a 70 year old Stevens 311 made for sears and BB pistol I inherited from my grandfather I had to get rid of.

So glad I got out of that shit hole 20 years ago. There are undoubtedly thousands of so called felons that don’t even know it, even before this was passed.

What about a gun made before '68 (when manufacturing licenses became a thing)? If it was made by Colt/Winchester/Remington, which are companies that hold licenses today, I suppose the pre-68 company records could qualify as 'imprinted with a serial number registered with a federally licensed manufacturer'. As in, they got a license in '68, and their records for pre '68 guns count as 'registered with'.

But what about that Garand made by Springfield Armory (the government one, not the current FFL with that name), or International Harvester? I doubt International Harvester got an FFL in 1968, so wouldn't your IH Garand be a no-no now?

As would any gun made by a company that went out of business prior to '68.

If there is a fire in the Colt records storage room, do the guns whose records go up in smoke become contraband?

My hope for a test case: someone has a musket inherited from their great-great-...-great-granddaddy who served in the Continental Army.

Quote Originally Posted by whomever View Post
    What about a gun made before '68 (when manufacturing licenses became a thing)? If it was made by Colt/Winchester/Remington, which are companies that hold licenses today, I suppose the pre-68 company records could qualify as 'imprinted with a serial number registered with a federally licensed manufacturer'. As in, they got a license in '68, and their records for pre '68 guns count as 'registered with'.

But what about that Garand made by Springfield Armory (the government one, not the current FFL with that name), or International Harvester? I doubt International Harvester got an FFL in 1968, so wouldn't your IH Garand be a no-no now?

As would any gun made by a company that went out of business prior to '68.

If there is a fire in the Colt records storage room, do the guns whose records go up in smoke become contraband?

My hope for a test case: someone has a musket inherited from their great-great-...-great-granddaddy who served in the Continental Army.
    No exemption for pre 68 firearms. You can get all your answers on this gun lawyer podcast episode https://gun.lawyer/episode-135-largest-gun-ban-in-usa/

Well, this should solve the crime problem in New Jersey, no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List