Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: X300 Turbo vs Ultra

For those who have them is the beam pattern of the turbo more like the OKW or the PLVHV2?

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    For those who have them is the beam pattern of the turbo more like the OKW or the PLVHV2?
    I would say it’s more like the OKW.

Hmmm…bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    Hmmm…bummer.
    I wasn’t sure what to expect, but after using a turbo, I wouldn’t go to anything else. I’ve been using surefire for over 10 years. Started with a regular x300, then through most generations of the u-boat, including the 600 lumen, 1000 lumen with a tight beam, then the current 1000 with the spill beam. I broke a couple PLH PL350s, so decided to try the turbo. It’s without a doubt the best pistol light I’ve used.

I used to run a PLHV2 of a rein on my work rifle. Now it’s an OKW. While conceptually I’d want more spill, in application the OKW and turbo are the ideal weapon lights for me. Tight beam to illuminate at distance, overcome ambient light, and punch through vehicle tint. There’s a usable amount of spill, and indoors the whole room gets illuminated.

Unless you’ve personally tried the OKW and determined it doesn’t work for you, I’d take a strong look.

Yea, I’ve had all of them. SF DF Scout, Fury, etc… OKW was good for my work rifle but when the PLVHV2 came out as a DF I went to it and greatly prefer its beam. On pistols I’ve had X200 forward and have the 1000 lumen X300U currently. I like the spill to quickly give me more information and it works pretty good through tint. Everyone’s eyes are different and mine really work best with the PLVHV2. I’ll probably end up with a Turbo or two at some point but the narrow type beam of the OKW on a pistol doesn’t excite me, if we were authorized dots that might be different but at the moment I prefer something with more spill on a working handgun for my gig.

Fine, I have a turbo on order now. If I have to replace my personal lights and the lights at work, I will hate you all even more....
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Looking to pick up an x300 while they're on sale over at primary arms. Use the PF link if you go looking.
    I didn't buy a X300, but I ordered an E2T-MV Tactician. I've been looking at this light for a while with an EDCLB upgrade package in mind. Will be posting about it in the next few weeks.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Got my turbo today. It's very bright. I did not blind myself in a mirror. I swear.

I'll be stepping out back after dark to see what the throw is like, and I'll compare it with the TLR1. It doesn't seem like it's going to be too tight for indoor use. I'll know more with time.

Name:  20230530_183922.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  64.4 KB

TLR1S.
    Name:  20230530_204456.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  16.8 KB

X300T.
    Name:  20230530_204505.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  20.5 KB

Solid upgrade.

Echoing what others have said, inside my house where the longest shot is 15 yards, the Ultra is sufficient. Outside the house, or in a duty capacity, I'd want the Turbo. I need to do some side-by-side comparison with the PL350, which is what I've been EDCing for about a year and a half now.

User Tag List