Thread: Rule 4 Defensive Pistol, Granbury, TX, November 4, 2023

Site Supporter

Rule 4 Defensive Pistol, Granbury, TX, November 4, 2023

I have no connection to this class other than as a prospective student. The link to the course is here. I just thought that it might be of interest to folks on P-F. Oh, I asked and was told that revolvers are permitted. Here's the blurb:

This course is designed to meet the specific needs of private citizens and/or off-duty law enforcement officers carrying concealed handguns for defense. While this is the most common context of concealed carry, current events and trends have required another look at the realities of deploying those weapons in public settings. Also, since we are using these guns in public without the benefit of Rule 4’s backstops, bystander control and easy sized targets, these new norms require performance in extremis that few organizations or training courses provide (and often teach responses in direct conflict with real world needs). In summary, Rule 4, so easily applied and often placed in our collective comfort zone at the range, looms huge in a street encounter.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I have no connection to this class other than as a prospective student. The link to the course is here. I just thought that it might be of interest to folks on P-F. Oh, I asked and was told that revolvers are permitted. Here's the blurb:
    PTG has multiple instructors - who is teaching this class ?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I don't know and didn't ask. Steve Moses answered the question about whether revolvers would be permitted, but it's probably because the inquiries from the web page go to him. I noted that @Wayne Dobbs is listed as on staff. I was in the beta class that he and DB taught on the same concept a couple of years ago, so it's possible that he's doing it, but I don't know.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I am, HCM. Come up and harass me!
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I am, HCM. Come up and harass me!
    You were the prime suspect ….

User Tag List