Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please suggest an old double barrel in the $1K-$2K range.

Site Supporter
    Thank you all for the suggestions. I'll comb through Gunbroker and the other sources listed and see what I can find using the suggestions here. To be clear, the decision to go this route was not my decision. I'm just trying to help with implementation. Buying a gun for someone else is tricky business, I know. My first thought was "1301" because it seems like a nice complement to a safe full of double barrels, but oh well...

$2000 bucks would pay for a good part of a decent trip in CONUS. Or just give him the cash and say heres towards your next shotgun purchase. Or coke n strippers.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Hello, again. After my last post, my friend seems to have decided to go in a slightly different direction. He's considerably increased his budget for the shotgun and is considering ordering a semi-custom gun from Upland Gun Company. Here is the LINK he sent me. He's eyeing custom engraving of the neighbor's hunting dogs and a wood upgrade. More info on the Upland Gun Company HERE. Guns are Italian and made by Rota-Fausti Manufacturing.

Simpson Ltd has bunches of used side by side shotguns, mostly European brands. Pricing is pretty reasonable, often under $500. New ones almost daily.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Simpson Ltd has bunches of used side by side shotguns, mostly European brands. Pricing is pretty reasonable, often under $500. New ones almost daily.
    I have a few of the Husqvarna they imported and they’re good guns. A 310 and a 610.

User Tag List