Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DWX compact is available per CZ instagram page

I almost jumped on the full size when it came out but too big for me. I am gonna go scour the local gun pusher tomorrow. Couldn’t resist and called CZ, they confirmed it was shipping, and there are some other surprises coming soon, even mentioned new calibers!!

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Trying hard not to buy this.
    Attachment 105015
    Which shop? I’d like to go see one in person.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

That is noice.

They are showing up on GunBroker at MSRP and up.

The DWX looks amazing in both sizes. The full size keeps calling my name for sure.

I want.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

It's pretty, for sure, and I've wanted one since they were first announced four years ago.

BUT...

No optics capability and no rail for a light makes it hard to see how DW thinks this is a serious carry pistol contender.

Frankly, the optics part is the least of my concerns - I can always have it milled if I can ever decide on "the" optic, but not being able to mount a white light on a "carry" sized pistol gives me the heeby jeebies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    but not being able to mount a white light on a "carry" sized pistol gives me the heeby jeebies.
    Why? And I am sincerely asking this as an opportunity to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I can always have it milled if I can ever decide on "the" optic, but not being able to mount a white light on a "carry" sized pistol gives me the heeby jeebies.
    When I was a boy, in the warm summer evenings the neighborhood lads would play "flashlight tag". Everybodys probably done that. You run around with a flashlight and try to "light up" the other guy before he does you. Thing was, almost every time that happened the kid using his light got counter-pinged from one or more of the other players almost immediately.

I guess I'm still carrying those thoughts, because it's hard to imagine trying to clear a house with a flashlight on the muzzle and surviving for very long.

But an awful lot of experienced and highly skilled people add flashlights to their weaponry so I'm pretty sure I'm missing something important, but what it might be escapes me.

Duces

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Why? And I am sincerely asking this as an opportunity to learn.
    Two schools of thought - lights are required for a carry gun is one. Unnecessary or optional is the other. I fall in the unnecessary or optional camp. None of my off duty holsters are designed for guns w lights. My main off duty gun is a Glock 26 frame and a 19 slide. No light for that. I’m talking off duty or non-LEO concealed carry.

I know a bunch of switched on dudes and there’s no consensus on light v. no light.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List