Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DWX compact is available per CZ instagram page

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Why? And I am sincerely asking this as an opportunity to learn.
    Having done extensive low light work in LE both with WML and hand helds, for me the WML wins every time. Frankly I'm very unlikely to ever carry a pistol this size or weight outside the house, so I'm thinking of this as a range and bedside safe pistol. Both of those scenarios, for me, call for a WML as a must have.

FWIW, I don't ever "search" with the WML - I have several good hand helds by my bed and around the house (we lose power frequently here), but if I have to shoot in the dark, I'd rather have both hands on the gun. If I can't use one hand for any reason, then a WML is the ONLY way I can PID what I'm shooting at.

Having said all that, my primary "carry" pistols are a P365XL (no light) and an LCR (no light).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Having done extensive low light work in LE both with WML and hand helds, for me the WML wins every time. Frankly I'm very unlikely to ever carry a pistol this size or weight outside the house, so I'm thinking of this as a range and bedside safe pistol. Both of those scenarios, for me, call for a WML as a must have.

FWIW, I don't ever "search" with the WML - I have several good hand helds by my bed and around the house (we lose power frequently here), but if I have to shoot in the dark, I'd rather have both hands on the gun. If I can't use one hand for any reason, then a WML is the ONLY way I can PID what I'm shooting at.

Having said all that, my primary "carry" pistols are a P365XL (no light) and an LCR (no light).
    Sure I understand the desire to have a WML on a bedside pistol -- I have one on mine. I also understand a WML on a weapon carried in a law enforcement role. But the person I asked had mentioned it as a consideration on a carry gun and I was wondering why that is.

No biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Sure I understand the desire to have a WML on a bedside pistol -- I have one on mine. I also understand a WML on a weapon carried in a law enforcement role. But the person I asked had mentioned it as a consideration on a carry gun and I was wondering why that is.

No biggie.
    Sorry, my bad. You had quoted my response saying I was disappointed in lack of light mounting option, so I thought the question was to me.

Have a great weekend!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    When I was a boy, in the warm summer evenings the neighborhood lads would play "flashlight tag". Everybodys probably done that. You run around with a flashlight and try to "light up" the other guy before he does you. Thing was, almost every time that happened the kid using his light got counter-pinged from one or more of the other players almost immediately.

I guess I'm still carrying those thoughts, because it's hard to imagine trying to clear a house with a flashlight on the muzzle and surviving for very long.

But an awful lot of experienced and highly skilled people add flashlights to their weaponry so I'm pretty sure I'm missing something important, but what it might be escapes me.

Duces
    You’re missing quite a lot.

It’s kind of like saying I went to go play paintball and everybody got covered in paint so all armed confrontations are essentially suicide

- no consequences for “lighting up” the wrong person
    - and no consequences for getting lit up - hard to “counter ping almost immediately after” when you’ve been shot.

People don’t behave the same when there are consequences.

There is an art / tactics to using light and dark to one’s advantage. If all you’ve ever done is run around haphazardly with a flashlight or shot at a static target while standing still using a flashlight on a square range you are missing parts of the puzzle.

What were the lighting conditions? Were you throwing flashlight beams at sounds in near total darkness ? Or was it typical suburban mix of lit and reduced light areas ?

For personal self-defense use in typical urban / suburban America I think a regular gun and a handheld flashlight is viable. But that’s because I live in an urban area where actual darkness is kind of rare and most confrontations are going to happen in places with street lights, parking lot lights etc. So the odds are there will be sufficient ambient light to ID and hit a threat without a flashlight.

A work gun is different. I would not want a duty gun without a light on it. But that’s a “go look for trouble” application not a “get out of trouble” application.

Like @Psalms144 I’ve both actual and sims/force on force experience in low light with both hand helds and WML. WML is significantly easier. No contest.

I just spent a couple nights hog hunting on a buddies farm and darkness out in the country is not like “darkness” in the city. A light (white or IR) is pretty much a requirement for a modern field pistol.
    Last edited by HCM; 05-26-2023 at 10:53 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Sorry, my bad. You had quoted my response saying I was disappointed in lack of light mounting option, so I thought the question was to me.

Have a great weekend!
    Yeah I guess it was you that I quoted. Your reference to "carry" sized pistol made me think you would pass the DWX Compact by for carry use because it doesn't have a light attachment. I misunderstood.

I seem to remember at original launch that it was going to come in both railed and non railed versions. And I’m sure I’m not just confusing it with the EDC X9 because I remember seeing it and thinking “oh, rail optional, just like the X9 it’s directly competing against.”

Or maybe I’m high and need to have a word with whoever at Perdomo rolled this cigar.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    I seem to remember at original launch that it was going to come in both railed and non railed versions. And I’m sure I’m not just confusing it with the EDC X9 because I remember seeing it and thinking “oh, rail optional, just like the X9 it’s directly competing against.”

Or maybe I’m high and need to have a word with whoever at Perdomo rolled this cigar.
    They originally showed us both versions, with and without. I'd imagine the railed version will be out for sale in the near future.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    I almost jumped on the full size when it came out but too big for me. I am gonna go scour the local gun pusher tomorrow. Couldn’t resist and called CZ, they confirmed it was shipping, and there are some other surprises coming soon, even mentioned new calibers!!
    I wonder what calibers. 30 Super Carry would be the most interesting to me, but there are a lot of reasons not to buy a 30SC. Nevertheless, I am easily enamored...

Anyone making holsters for these things?
    Taking a break from social media.

First shots review

“Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List