Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Hamre Forge J Frame Grips (improved barami hip grip)

I just wanted to give a shout out to Ryan at Hamre Forge. @rhamre

I'm running one on my .38 LCR and it works, works well. I've had a Barami on my 640 for better than 25 years, so I appreciate the concept.

I was ordering one for my .32 LCR and sent Ryan an email with a couple of questions. He promptly responded (as always) and answered my questions (regarding ejection of spent cases and speedloader use).
    Good things coming from Hamre Forge!
    Selective Laser Sintering is mentioned on their website updates and this looks to make a good product even better.

Looking forward to it!

@Jamie, thank you for the kind words, and it's our pleasure to answer customer emails.

The whole "Selective Laser Sintering" venture is an interesting one, for sure. I get all geeky over it, and start trying to explain it and how crazy it is, but I feel like most people think I've switched over and I'm talking about Star Trek or Dinosaurs or something.

We're trying with all our might to ensure that our products continue to improve, and we're able to expand our offerings to meet the demands and requests that we're getting from customers and interested enthusiasts.

Our insights into grip design has also been evolving. We've been extremely fortunate to have such amazing and knowledgeable customers, as well as industry professionals and instructors, who have really provided phenomenal feedback. This feedback has allowed us to gain a ton of knowledge in a short amount of time, and we're hoping to be able to use that knowledge to create better and more comfortable grips in turn.

It's been a fun thing to see, because I oftentimes don't feel like I need to sell our grips. There's a need out there, shooters have a desire or itch, and we're just fortunate enough to come along with some of the skills and ability to hobble along, hopefully meeting the needs of the community. In this way, I don't feel like I have to be a pushy salesman, it allows us to focus on capturing feedback, and adjust as necessary, to create a product that people want to use.

I can't thank everyone enough, it's been a very exciting journey.

@rhamre

Always a humble gentleman and an understated judge of himself and his son’s knack for creative design and implementation.
    He gets the nuances of Hurst, Farrant, Herrett, Spegel… and other craftsmen before him.

Remember this venture… we’re witnessing greatness in its infancy.

I don't know about that, but if we're able to achieve a small fraction of what you've outlined, @jandbj, we'd be happy campers.

Here’s @rhamre reminding me to fitz an 856.

Name:  IMG_5180.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  32.0 KB
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Initial impressions are good. I’ll toss them on my 642 later tonight.

http://instagram.com/p/CsgxwNvrl-p/
    Does the one on the top allow for a three finger grip?
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Does the one on the top allow for a three finger grip?
    Nope. Boot length.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Here’s @rhamre reminding me to fitz an 856.

Name:  IMG_5180.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  32.0 KB
    I have an irrational attraction/desire for Fitz’ed trigger guards! I certainly do not need them, with my tapered, skinny, less-than-large index fingers.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I have an irrational attraction/desire for Fitz’ed trigger guards! I certainly do not need them, with my tapered, skinny, less-than-large index fingers.
    Right? Rationality be damned, it’s just cool.

Every time I look at my 856 for my high-stress, dynamic, work-from-home lifestyle; it like “30 minutes in the shop will sort you out.”
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    You know...I don't need this either. But Damn! I sure do want this!

User Tag List