Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hamre Forge J Frame Grips (improved barami hip grip)

I just received a pre-production 856 set. Hopefully I’ll get them mounted tomorrow. The printing is extremely clean on these.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

How in God’s name did I miss this thread? At any rate, I think I need several iterations of this grip.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    I just received a pre-production 856 set. Hopefully I’ll get them mounted tomorrow. The printing is extremely clean on these.
    Good to hear! Still holding out for a high horn set for S&W centennials.

Site Supporter
    I'm looking forward to a set of these for one of my LCR's. I don't want to swap out the 405's on my 342 so i'll probably just try them on the Ruger.

Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

waiting for the Centennial / S&W 640 version

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Let us know what you think. I've had these on two J frames for years. They seem to work well.
    Looks like DeSantis has discontinued these. Remaining stock only.

Waiting/hoping for LCR and K frame versions.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cosermann View Post
    Looks like DeSantis has discontinued these. Remaining stock only.

Waiting/hoping for LCR and K frame versions.
    A Ruger version would have been great, and would have caused me to buy a 9mm LCR.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    A Ruger version would have been great, and would have caused me to buy a 9mm LCR.
    Ryan said soon.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quick word on the Desantis clip grip: I have a dim memory of reports that part of the inside structure of the grip (possibly related to the medalions) has been known to come off and jam up the return spring inside the grip frame. Again, from dim memory, I seem to recall that it was @JodyH who first brought this possibility to the forum’s attention. I’ve slept since then, but that’s nonetheless my memory, and I most def remember getting away from the clip grip and throwing my copy into the drawer, along with a plethora of holsters and grips previously jettisoned, over the issue. FWIW.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List