Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hamre Forge J Frame Grips (improved barami hip grip)

Hamre Forge J Frame Grips (improved barami hip grip)

Initial impressions are good. I’ll toss them on my 642 later tonight.

http://instagram.com/p/CsgxwNvrl-p/
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    Let us know what you think. I've had these on two J frames for years. They seem to work well.

I'm looking forward to hearing what your impressions are of these grips....and seeing some photos.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Pics

Hamre Forge has already implemented design improvements from feedback. The pics I’ve seen show improved fit/finish and should have better fitment.

http://instagram.com/p/CsoMrAvryyQ/
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Thanks, they look good. I just made an order.

Who did your front sight?

Quote Originally Posted by kilo sierra View Post
    Thanks, they look good. I just made an order.

Who did your front sight?
    Don Williams of The Action Works.

Here’s the rundown:

http://instagram.com/tv/CXq2AyQgld8/
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Thank you. Greatly appreciated. Nice J.

Oh hoh! I've always been frustrated that the Baramis are canted "backwards" --- what direction does the muzzle point with these new ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    Oh hoh! I've always been frustrated that the Baramis are canted "backwards" --- what direction does the muzzle point with these new ones?
    Not sure what you mean by “backwards” but the butt rakes forward some. Blame gravity.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Not sure what you mean by “backwards” but the butt rakes forward some. Blame gravity.
    I'm a righty so I meant backwards as in towards the back or butt:

I never liked it since I was wanting to appendix carry and so I'd rather the muzzle rake forward and line up better with my inguinal crease for comfort. I'm hoping some day hip/clip type grips will be available in more cant choices.

User Tag List