Thread: IWB kydex holster for M&P 2.0 Compact 4" w/RMR type optic

IWB kydex holster for M&P 2.0 Compact 4" w/RMR type optic

Haven't had to buy a holster in like forever, but I picked up an M&P 2.0 Compact 4" no safety 9mm pistol, and am planning on putting either an Trijicon RMR or RMR HD on it, and am looking for ideas for an IWB holster (3-4 o'clock open carry most likely). I plan to mainly carry it at the range practicing, or open carry/on my property, not likely I'll carry concealed.

I'd prefer something with a full flap that goes between the gun and my shirt for comfort. I like a wider spacing between loops to accomodate pants beltloops. Kydex preferred over leather.

Ideas?
    Last edited by Bill S; 04-04-2024 at 08:15 AM.

JM Custom Kydex

Yup, the JMCK IWB-3 is all of what you asked for. I would specify ten degrees cant.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Yup, the JMCK IWB-3 is all of what you asked for. I would specify ten degrees cant.
    You're right, this holster looks like it'll fit the bill. Thank you.

Site Supporter
    What is the grip angle on the M&P? The grip angle will affect cant required for concealment and comfort. I like 10 degrees for a Glock and 15 degrees for a P365.

As another consideration, the optic may require the holster to sit higher with a 15 degree cant. If that is the case, 10 degrees might be better regardless of grip angle.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    What is the grip angle on the M&P? The grip angle will affect cant required for concealment and comfort. I like 10 degrees for a Glock and 15 degrees for a P365.

As another consideration, the optic may require the holster to sit higher with a 15 degree cant. If that is the case, 10 degrees might be better regardless of grip angle.
    I don't know what the grip angle is.

I was looking to pick up that holster with the 10/20 degree adjustment, not a fixed one. The old holster I had looks like 20-25 degrees.

I perhaps ought to ask the holster maker what they would recommend, to be on the safe side.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I agree. I have this exact pistol setup (M&P 9 2.0 Compact with Holosun 407C in an JM Custom kydex IWB holster) and it works great.

Know that more cant makes it less deep in your pants, and it is only 4in long. I started with 15deg but now tend to go with 10deg.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bill S View Post
    Haven't had to buy a holster in like forever, but I picked up an M&P 2.0 Compact 4" no safety 9mm pistol, and am planning on putting either an Trijicon RMR or RMR HD on it, and am looking for ideas for an IWB holster (3-4 o'clock open carry most likely). I plan to mainly carry it at the range practicing, or open carry/on my property, not likely I'll carry concealed.

I'd prefer something with a full flap that goes between the gun and my shirt for comfort. I like a wider spacing between loops to accomodate pants beltloops. Kydex preferred over leather.

Ideas?
    Bill S, I do have a question. If you are wanting to only carry at home or at the range, why IWB (inside the waistband)? I think that's a better way to carry regardless and will conceal better than OWB (outside the waistband) and is every bit as comfortable if you find the right spot. Either way, our Quick Ship IWB3 for the 4.25" MP will fit the bill. 10 or 15 degree cant, wide hole pattern with pull the dot loops sounds like what you are wanting. And choose a full guard. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/Q-IWB3-Holster.html
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

User Tag List