Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hamre Forge J Frame Grips (improved barami hip grip)

Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    I'm a righty so I meant backwards as in towards the back or butt:

I never liked it since I was wanting to appendix carry and so I'd rather the muzzle rake forward and line up better with my inguinal crease for comfort. I'm hoping some day hip/clip type grips will be available in more cant choices.
    You’d have to either weight the grips or somehow move the pivot point more towards that top side plate screw to alter how the gun balances.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

These things are the bee’s knees.

Name:  IMG_3039.jpg
Views: 879
Size:  90.2 KB

Name:  IMG_3040.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  63.4 KB

Name:  IMG_3041.jpg
Views: 848
Size:  60.0 KB

Like the original Barami, this setup rides great behind the hip. I have mobility issues from surgery and carry in front of the hip exclusively. Like the Barami, this works really well with a Graith belt, equally stable as a Clipdraw setup with about a quarter-inch lower ride.

Name:  IMG_3031.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  49.1 KB

I am almost back to closing a 1.5 Captains of Crush with my dominant hand; I can’t make these things flex.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

@JRV, how’s the texture/finishing?

Eagerly awaiting the LCR version to release.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post

I am almost back to closing a 1.5 Captains of Crush with my dominant hand; I can’t make these things flex.
    I might have to give those a try. And I just started working on my sore hands and a case of trigger-finger (middle). I can close the 2.0 with my dominant hand, so it's definitely getting better

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    @JRV, how’s the texture/finishing?
    It is coarse but not sharp.

It feels like sawcut endgrain of a tightly grained wood. Another close comparison is the texture of the Graith belt itself, except a little “tighter” and “stickier.”
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

I ordered two more sets.

I was having dinner with DB and the Missus the other night, and just got his. He remarked how it also smoothed out the grip for a draw from a front pocket holster. I experimented with an unloaded 342 and agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    I'm a righty so I meant backwards as in towards the back or butt:

I never liked it since I was wanting to appendix carry and so I'd rather the muzzle rake forward and line up better with my inguinal crease for comfort. I'm hoping some day hip/clip type grips will be available in more cant choices.
    ClipDraw Gun Clip, Low Profile Slim Concealed Carry Easy Install American Made https://a.co/d/82Ui51I

This moves that pivot point further up. Might work for your specific purpose. No personal experience with this model but their J frame ones have served me well.
    Last edited by jandbj; 07-15-2023 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    These things are the bee’s knees.

Name:  IMG_3039.jpg
Views: 879
Size:  90.2 KB

Name:  IMG_3040.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  63.4 KB

Name:  IMG_3041.jpg
Views: 848
Size:  60.0 KB

Like the original Barami, this setup rides great behind the hip. I have mobility issues from surgery and carry in front of the hip exclusively. Like the Barami, this works really well with a Graith belt, equally stable as a Clipdraw setup with about a quarter-inch lower ride.

Name:  IMG_3031.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  49.1 KB

I’m holding out for them to do a high horn centennial specific run… I emailed them about it and it’s one of the ones they’re considering.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    @JRVEagerly awaiting the LCR version to release.
    From my workout feed this morning. I check my email regularly to see if they've notified me they're in stock. Would pre-order if they let me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    From my workout feed this morning. I check my email regularly to see if they've notified me they're in stock. Would pre-order if they let me.

Following DB on FB/IG, it seems he (and Rhett plus others) are in the final T&E examinations of the LCR flavor.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

User Tag List