Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Tactical Gear at Matches

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    We are having a touch of an argument about having an SO watch you make your gun hot, so you will be so on the way home. Now some gear isn't conducive to concealed carry but some are. Some folks liked to be armed on the drive home. In TX, the IDPA folks would ask you to have an SO watch you or some ran a hot match, in some NYS IDPA, it was go to the safe area and make it hot. Our USPSA folks were horrified by the idea when I asked. They were sure that on the walk to you car with a hot gun, you would shoot yourself. What if you dropped your gun - from the folks who allow nondrop safe gun and NYS knows where that leads.

So you have to have an SO watch you take your gun from your holster, show clear and pouch it, to prevent chaos. I'm surprised these folks even carry a gun (before the CCIA ), I'm sure many don't.
    Yes in Texas its standard issue to grab an SO / RO before and then after the match to go to a berm make safe or load up, including how we do the PoPo that come (which is frequent). I had thought in NY that a CC license was a rare thing.

Site Supporter
    Depends on the county, some outside of NYC and burbs were easy to get one although time consuming and convoluted. There is a fair amount of competition. Not as much as TX, ranges are not as sophisticated. The CCIA law killed useful carry, my usual rant.

The SOs at USPSA were also horrified at police who want to come up the range hot'.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    The SOs at USPSA were also horrified at police who want to come up the range hot'.
    Remember when entire teams of PoPo show up for the carbine matches here?

Site Supporter
    Yes, we went to lunch with 10 guys all carrying in shoot me vests! NYS would probably call in an airstrike.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

User Tag List