Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Defensive Folding Knives Under 2.5"

Anyone get their hands on a Microjimbo yet?
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    Anyone get their hands on a Microjimbo yet?
    Still not available. I’ve had a preorder in since this topic—and all you enablers posting therein—cropped up. I’m sure this thread will arise from the dead the minute that thing hits my mailbox.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Cold Steel Tuff Lite is my choice for this role—it’s a poor man’s mini yojimbo.

Deep finger choil great lock, warnie, and meaty enough to get your hands around.

Cheap enough to be damn near disposable.
    Agree with this.
    Under 2.5 inches, deep choil which even the micro yojimbo does not have, triad lock. Also the arch of the blade gives the tremendous ability to pierce cut, there's a video on youtube of the mini tuft light pierce cutting through a phone book in one try. Stab and then rake through whatever needs to be cut.

Not only that but it doubles as an actual good utility blade for work and is cheap to replace. I wish they had a 2.95-inch version to complete their series... call it the Tuft lite XL. It is IMO cold steels best small blade. I have two of them in red, looks like a folding box cutter too for those that care.

No direct experience, but this model benchmade popped up in my email the other day. 2.49” wharnecliff blade.

https://www.benchmade.com/products/2...-full-immunity

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    No direct experience, but this model benchmade popped up in my email the other day. 2.49” wharnecliff blade.

https://www.benchmade.com/products/2...-full-immunity
    Whoa, that looks really interesting.

Bumping to add a blade that I don’t remember seeing in this thread before:

https://emersonknives.com/shop/knive...dels/june-bug/

2.3”, wharnnie, grippy, USA. Might be an option.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Chance, I apologize for not seeing and commenting on this thread earlier. Life has been complex this year.

If you are still seeking input, I would be delighted to wander over someplace convenient and bring the Suitcase Of Knives for you to examine. If you want to borrow a couple to carry for a while, I'd be delighted to loan them to you for an extended test and comparison.

I hope you and the Missus are doing well. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks!

User Tag List