Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Defensive Folding Knives Under 2.5"

I am reasonably sure the MicroJimbo is going to end up with an SOS mold. And some investigation if a Wiseman Fang or 5x5 Pickpocket will fit it.

It looks like a phenomenal choice for sub 2.5" environments. It also has reshaped scales relative to the other Yojimbos with a more neutral looking handle. I will need it in hand to determine if a reverse grip works with it, but looks promising so far.

ETA: Linky - https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SP2...ck-g10-handles

Microjimbo is interesting. Having a bigger hand, I'm wondering how much smaller the grip will be both in dim and feel from the yojimbo.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Microjimbo is interesting. Having a bigger hand, I'm wondering how much smaller the grip will be both in dim and feel from the yojimbo.
    Agree: that Microjimbo is looking more and more intriguing.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Site Supporter
    As someone who has to potentially deal with this on both sides of the equation i.e. someone who may carry a knife, someone who could theoretically consequence someone who carried a knife that was too big:

I would advise someone to carry a knife that had a blade length that is clearly less than 2.5 inches.

I would measure the blade in a manner such that the blade is 2.5 max at any point along where the ricasso meet the bolster/handles of the knife.

I fully understand that many knife have sharpened edges less than 2.5 inch but when the knife if "bottomed out" against the edge of a desk or ruler, the "blade" is going to visibly measure longer than 2.5 inches.

One could then argue the blade is really just the sharpened edge, not the dull choil, flipper etc. Knock yourself out being that test case. Notably, many of the larger retailers do an excellent job differentiating between the blade length and the cutting edge length in this regard online.

YMMV- to quote Stephanie B " I wouldn't do that s@&* if I were you."

PS--Edge of my lane re knife "anatomy terms."
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Agree: that Microjimbo is looking more and more intriguing.
    Agreed, I know it had been getting some discussion but didn’t realize it was about to on the street. That may be the inverse gateway drug into finally just buying the OG Yojimbo.

I hate sounding like a steel nerd, and I’m definitely not, but would like to see it offered in a “Salt” steel. One of my favorite travel things about the Dragonfly Salt is that I can stow it in my boardshorts and go in and out of water all day and maybe rinse it in the sink.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post

I would measure the blade in a manner such that the blade is 2.5 max at any point along where the ricasso meet the bolster/handles of the knife.
    Sound thinking. Another point in favor of this new microjimbo offering.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    … reshaped scales relative to the other Yojimbos with a more neutral looking handle. I will need it in hand to determine if a reverse grip works with it, but looks promising…
    I’m glad to see this. I want to like Spyderco knives for so many reasons, but the deep finger grooves and in-swept blade angle don’t work for me.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    @Chance could you get by with a 2.7" blade? Like an Emerson CQC-14?

https://www.jtknives.com/CQC-14-Snubby_p_121.html
    @vcdgrips and @PNWTO addressed that better than I could.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I had Ban Tang reprofile a Spyderco P'Kal's blade down to 2.5 inches. Neat package.

Decided to return the Spyderco Dodo as the grip was to small for my hands. Ordered one of the Michael Janich custom Jandela's.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

User Tag List