Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Defensive Folding Knives Under 2.5"

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Someone needs to revive the Kahr/Delica4 variant. Would prefer an Endura (more more substantial handle) at or about that price point. Link:
    https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/C11KAKH/941
    Looks like a few of the Jandelas in stock. Endela handle, 2.5" blade.
    https://5x5combatsolutions.com/shop/...ndela-r-322533

The Jandela begins with the Spyderco Endela® Lightweight, which is larger than the Delica 4, but smaller than the Endura®4. Michael Janich then personally custom grinds the 3.41-inch blade down to a legally compliant 2.5 inches. In the process, he also reprofiles the full-flat-ground VG-10 blade to a clip-point profile, “crowns” the clipped section with a radius, and removes the jimping (textured grooves) on the thumb ramp. He then polishes the spine of the blade to eliminate any abrasive surfaces that could cause damage during high-speed, full-power application and hand “laps” (polishes) the action to ensure smooth, one-handed operation. The blades of these knives are also laser engraved with Janich's signature and the word "custom" to indicate their elite, limited-edition status. The result is a “snubby” version of the Endela that provides plenty of grip for large hands and a legally friendly 2.5-inch blade that is also ideal for carry in restrictive jurisdictions like Chicago and Boston.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    https://regimentblades.com/folding-blade-steel-knife/

Definitely a different direction but the Regiment (Colonel) folder is listed at 2.3”. It’s a fairly large footprint, though.

I played with Defoor’s fixed Colonel at a class, it “made sense.” Al Savitti has some example videos on his IG and YT; I have the Regiment folder inbound.
    I’m currently carrying this and a Pom as my California carry. I like it a lot; not quite as fast to open as the folding Karambit mentioned above but very sure to open. Kind of giddily to get closed. I was apparently the only person with a knife at my grandkid’s soccer game yesterday when they needed packages opened. My grandkids volunteered me as they knew I always carry a knife. Was worried that someone would have a problem with it, but everyone was just happy to have the packages opened.

I don’t think it’s made anymore, but you might look for a Three Rivers Atlas slip joint on the secondary market. I bought one in the advice of DB as a legal anywhere folding knife that was still capable. I believe the blade is 2.25”.

I'm kinda fond of the CRKT Pilar series.

https://www.bladehq.com/cat--CRKT-Pilar--3163

The first product on that page is my EDC pocket knife.

The second one I use clipped into the waistband of my swim trunks when I go to the beach.

You will need to find one of the 2.4" versions. The stainless handle is a little slippery...a version with the G10 or micarta handles would probably handle better.

Instead of clipping whatever you come up with inside your waistband, you might consider clipping it to an RCS Pocket Shield in your pocket.

https://rcsgear.com/pocket-shield-4
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 05-21-2023 at 05:55 PM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Cold Steel Tuff Lite is my choice for this role—it’s a poor man’s mini yojimbo.

Deep finger choir, great lock, warnie, and meaty enough to get your hands around.

Cheap enough to be damn near disposable.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Cold Steel Tuff Lite is my choice for this role—it’s a poor man’s mini yojimbo.

Deep finger choir, great lock, warnie, and meaty enough to get your hands around.

Cheap enough to be damn near disposable.
    MidwayUSA has them on sale with a 25% off special offer plus free shipping if combined with other Free Shipping items.
    I couldn't help myself...
    Last edited by Exiledviking; 05-23-2023 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    https://regimentblades.com/folding-blade-steel-knife/

Definitely a different direction but the Regiment (Colonel) folder is listed at 2.3”. It’s a fairly large footprint, though.

I played with Defoor’s fixed Colonel at a class, it “made sense.” Al Savitti has some example videos on his IG and YT; I have the Regiment folder inbound.
    pf.com is expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    pf.com is expensive.
    Try the 1911 threads or the wristwatch thread.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post

I bought 3 1911's last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post

While we’re flexing on the poors… my defensive folder today is a bit larger than 2.5. Sorry for you bastards who have to be all civilized and shit.

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 05-23-2023 at 05:57 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List