Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlin 45-70 1895 Trapper

Our short Marlin 45-70 lever guns shot an inch or slightly more at 100 yards with Garrett ammo even with aperture sights. We had the tube extended so they held 5+1 with a 16 inch barrel. About as much horsepower in a trim easy to carry rifle as available. Of course, there was no 1301 then or M2 with an easy to mount micro.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A picture from that same hunting season.

Attachment 104906
    Beautiful plane as well.

If a guy impulse bought one of these, what are the best upgrades?
    #RESIST

If it has the safety this replaces. Had one in mine.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Shitty pic but.....

Planning on adding an lpvo some time soon

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    1895 Cowboy?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I've left mine pretty much factory though I added the XS picatinny mount on top and a Holosun 407.

I have considered changing the loading gate to one from Ranger Point Precision or similar to facilitate unloading.

Other than that I haven't found much I've felt I needed to upgrade and am not a fan of the Costa blinged out lever guns with railed forends and skeltonized stocks.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I am not sure what the new Ruger-production ones would need. The older ones in the area seemed to all get a plug to replace the crossbolt safety and a slip-on recoil pad, though not necessarily in that order. After that, there was the "better" magazine follower but not a great deal else.

The few that actually went on big game trips and came back to stay with their owners in the long term are dead-simple; other than appropriate sighting systems to suit the owners and a simple carry strap, not much crap got put on them (or stayed on them).
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

If you are planning on putting a light on it there are two different ways to do it:

1) Buy a Hill People Gear Lever Gun Light Mount.

2) Dick around with various bits and bobs that aren't satisfactory and realize you should have just bought a Hill People Gear Lever Gun Light Mount in the first place.

#2 is cheaper and quicker.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    If you are planning on putting a light on it there are two different ways to do it:

1) Buy a Hill People Gear Lever Gun Light Mount.

2) Dick around with various bits and bobs that aren't satisfactory and realize you should have just bought a Hill People Gear Lever Gun Light Mount in the first place.

#2 is cheaper and quicker.
    In addition to the HPG light mount, get a HPG stock cuff. I have one on my 336 and it’s nice.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    1895 Cowboy?
    Yes

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

User Tag List