Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AIM SURPLUS Glock clone build w/optic for less than $500

AIM SURPLUS Glock clone build w/optic for less than $500

I built a new 17 length upper for my SCT frame using AIM Surplus parts. I’m going to have the barrel Lucky 7’d as soon as I can to compare the difference b/t a L7’d 19 v 17. But when I started looking at the parts I’ve bought for this I realized I’ve got @$540 in it. But that’s only because I needed the Lone Wolf adapter to fill the gap caused by using the 17 slide. If I was just building this same gun w 19 length barrel and slide I’d have less than $500 total in it. What it’s got:

SCT frame
    AIM slide
    AIM barrel (this is a Gen 5 17 barrel to fit the 19 locking block in the SCT frame)
    AIM upper and lower parts kits
    AIM plastic suppressor BUIS
    Swampfox Justice 1x27

If you buy all of that from AIM it’ll cost you $484.65 plus tax.

The slide is really nice. My only complaint is that the optic cut doesn’t have raised bosses and there’s A gap between the back of the Justice and the back of the optic cut. We’ll see how that works. If you’re not worried about an optic you can have a Glock 19 clone for $300.

I bought another SCT frame that I’m gonna chop to take 26 mags. Just because.

Name:  055DA2A1-91BD-4A45-B0D3-A75048638365.jpg
Views: 1599
Size:  98.5 KB
    Name:  9D0F3E21-9EE1-44D8-9F17-904D8C829EFD.jpg
Views: 1412
Size:  51.3 KB
    Name:  A5B5F013-F62D-421A-A5E1-529441100B86.jpg
Views: 1168
Size:  60.4 KB
    Name:  4BC9B6FE-3AD4-4206-ABAA-DE6FBCBCECBB.jpg
Views: 1133
Size:  27.9 KB

Shopping cart total for 19 size build:
    Name:  9D8F5F12-F8C3-4EDC-A0EA-FBC9A797B42C.jpg
Views: 1123
Size:  16.8 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Very cool.

I posted my experience with a build w/ AIM slide in the other thread, pretty happy with it so far. I do carry that gun every day.

Yours has much nicer contours, much like a Dagger slide.

Hopefully you have good reliability w/ AIM slide internals, I've heard mixed results, why I always go OEM on internals above and below.

And I see you went with the Ironsides for the optic. I have that too, but went without it, on account of the extra height and width it imparted to the optic, not worth it for me.

I do also have an AIM G19 barrel, as a spare, probably 200 rounds through it, 100% reliable, decent accuracy. The flush cut crown always throws me off though.

Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Very cool.

I posted my experience with a build w/ AIM slide in the other thread, pretty happy with it so far. I do carry that gun every day.

Yours has much nicer contours, much like a Dagger slide.

Hopefully you have good reliability w/ AIM slide internals, I've heard mixed results, why I always go OEM on internals above and below.

And I see you went with the Ironsides for the optic. I have that too, but went without it, on account of the extra height and width it imparted to the optic, not worth it for me.

I do also have an AIM G19 barrel, as a spare, probably 200 rounds through it, 100% reliable, decent accuracy. The flush cut crown always throws me off though.
    I ended up taking the Ironsides off. I out @150 rounds through it last night and didn’t have any issues.

I did have an issue with the AIM lower parts kit trigger/bar I just put in my chopped SCT frame. Dropped in an OEM and all is good now. I’ll stick w OEM on any carry guns, but don’t mind taking the risk on these project guns I’m fooling around with. This one may end up being my game gun for USPSA once I get the barrel Lucky 7’d.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Roger. I just remembered another reason I chose not to use the Ironsides, extra weight.

Been really happy with the Justice though.

I have a clone build going with a hair over $225 in it now. Had about half the small internals. Trading for the rest of the internals….

Will post pic once the slide arrives next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

AIM SURPLUS Glock clone build w/optic for less than $500

Slide 85 on sale
    Frame 40 on sale
    Barrel 40 on sale
    FFL fee 40
    Various small parts, tax, shipping…
    All in about 275-300.

The RDS was on sale for 4th of July. 175ish.

(SALE is the key. Just need patience, took 6-8 months to get it all. But saved a lot.)

Not a bad blaster on the cheap side. Will see how it runs. Only complaint so far, slide edges are sharp. And the trigger guard is just different enough from OEM to cause issue in some kydex.

The trigger is from PSA, and it is hinged like and M&P, not tabbed like OEM. It’s is a different feel. Not bad, but noticeably different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post

Slide 85 on sale
    Frame 40 on sale
    Barrel 40 on sale
    FFL fee 40
    Various small parts, tax, shipping…
    All in about 275-300.

The RDS was on sale for 4th of July. 175ish.

(SALE is the key. Just need patience, took 6-8 months to get it all. But saved a lot.)

Not a bad blaster on the cheap side. Will see how it runs. Only complaint so far, slide edges are sharp. And the trigger guard is just different enough from OEM to cause issue in some kydex.

The trigger is from PSA, and it is hinged like and M&P, not tabbed like OEM. It’s is a different feel. Not bad, but noticeably different.

Nice!! I really like the PSA trigger on my Dagger frame when I had it.

Shot this at todays USPSA match. I’m really digging those CA19 frames.

Name:  9543B78A-8EC7-4C78-AF06-717D04F4FC46.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  100.0 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I’m really digging those CA19 frames.

Yeah, the CA19 frame does not have as pronounced a “hump” on the back. Not a 1911 grip, but not a hump either. And it has a better trigger guard shape than the P80 frame, or the stupid “stuck mag” cut outs like the dagger frame.

Next time I see that $39.99 blem sale, may grab another one.

Nice!! I really like the PSA trigger on my Dagger frame when I had it.

Shot this at todays USPSA match. I’m really digging those CA19 frames.

I’m really digging those CA19 frames.

Yeah, the CA19 frame does not have as pronounced a “hump” on the back like OEM gen3. Not a 1911 grip, but not a hump either. And it has a better trigger guard shape than the P80 frame, or the stupid “stuck mag” cut outs like the dagger frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Combat Armory Stripped Pistol Lower / Frame For Gen 3 Glock 19/23/32 - CMBT005 - $39.99

You're welcome...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List