Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Shithole Cities

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I would argue that if you take a 50 state tour, you'll find plenty of shithole cities spread throughout the U.S.

(I'd prefer that it weren't so...but I believe that to be the case.)
    Wyoming?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Wyoming?
    There are no cities in WY.

I'm not gonna trash WY. I'm a fan. Never lived there but have traveled the state extensively, as well as backpacked / climbed. If it weren't for the wind and the snow, I might be able to convince the wife to live there.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I've only seen him a couple of times and haven't paid attention.
    I was making a joke. I don't listen to him often but enough to know the left calls him a white supremacist

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I'm not gonna trash WY. I'm a fan. Never lived there but have traveled the state extensively, as well as backpacked / climbed. If it weren't for the wind and the snow, I might be able to convince the wife to live there.

Blast zone building codes?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I've only seen him a couple of times and haven't paid attention.
    You should. The young guys like him are successfully replacing the entire editorial board of NYT without any significant investments

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I ate at a pub full of hipsters.
    Having lived in Portland for 25 years, I'd argue that the high concentration of hipsters is the best indication that the city will become a shithole in a near future
    Last edited by cheby; 05-22-2023 at 11:18 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Oh yeah. The bus system in Denver is a hard no-go.

I like some of the exurbs (parker, centennial, SE aurora, littleton, etc). Just not terribly affordable.

Also everyone seems to have an incredibly fake ass job that lets them go hiking in the middle of the day.
    Went to a concert in downtown Denver a few weeks ago. Had an early dinner then thought we’d walk a couple blocks to the theater. Damn was that the wrong idea. Hadn’t seen than much sidewalk completely taken over by tents there before.

It was funny that all the groups a federal buildings that are clumped together downtown and have nice lawns had exactly zero tents or homeless in general. I suspect if someone comes along and tries to setup a tent in front of a federal court house a very nice federal office comes out and offers to stuff you in the jail inside the federal building quite quickly.

It is apparently possible to prevent this situation if there was the will to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    You should. The young guys like him are successfully replacing the entire editorial board of NYT without any significant investments
    I'm not sure what you're saying...or what I'm supposed to take from this.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    My memories of WY. Stopped at Rock Springs overnight on a cross country drive. Went to a local restaurant. Ordered apple pie. Asked the waitress if she could put a scoop of ice cream on it. She looked at us like we were crazy. Never heard of such a thing, she said: You know, last week, some fella wanted ketchup for his french fries!

OK - turned on the local news, the big story was IR camera footage of guys going into the local trailer part whore house. This was 1977. Maybe things changed.

Of course, in Sacramento once, the big TV news story was a female morgue attendant having sex with the corpses while the other attendants watched. The local Sheriff though the place should be napalmed. Not unreasonable. The best tourist attraction was the state capitol and then the hazelnut factory.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Wyoming?
    I thought Casper was kind of a turd, but then again my father was born there.

User Tag List