Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Shithole Cities

Just a typical day in Gun Waiving New Haven!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4D-c...pueTlkNQ%3D%3D

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    From Defund The Police to Marshall Law (yes, exaggerating a little... Only a little ) in 1 move

NY Governor Deploys National Guard to NYC Subways
    There are likely a couple of thousand soldiers in the National Guard units in NYC and the surrounding counties fist fighting each other right now for a spot on this. State Active Duty for over 30 days comes with Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) based on the zip code of your home of record. The current rate for a NYC residence in my old zip code is over $3600/month without dependents and over $4400/month with dependents. That’s on top of base pay.
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 03-06-2024 at 03:53 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    There are likely a couple of thousand soldiers in the National Guard units in NYC and the surrounding counties fist fighting each other right now for a spot on this. State Active Duty for over 30 days comes with Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) based on the zip code of your home of record. The current rate for a NYC residence in my old zip code is over $3600/month without dependents and over $4400/month with dependents. That’s on top of base pay.
    When Alvin Bragg brings charges against them for the next George Floyd experience, will there be an actual insurrection?
    Will they even be allowed to carry arms?

Did NYC decide stop-and-frisk was ok again? Or just on the subway?

Guardsman: Sir I need to see inside your bags.
    Based Citizen: Um, under what authority? I'm using public transportation on my way to work... whatcha got for PC or RAS?

I'm certain this will all go well. //#DoubleSarc
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Define "big enough."
    Relatively permanent and highly organized center of population, of greater size or importance than a town or village.

Of course there are places labeled a city that are far from it, like Benson Arizona with a population of under 5000. They may call themselves a city, but come on it’s a town.

The same way most of us know what a woman is, we know what a city is.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I just spent a couple days in San Francisco. Stayed in an apartment just off Mission St close to Balboa Park, took the bus a lot, didn’t really go to any of the real touristy areas but did end up close to Union Square. From my perspective the change there looks incremental and not a dramatic plummet downwards. One crazy guy on a bus, typical tenderloin sights, didn’t see any actual altercations, definitely dirtier than 15 years ago but couldn’t tell much difference from 5 years ago.

Was surprised how many face masks were in use on the buses. I want to say 30% of the people were wearing face masks. Everyone wearing a face mask looked Asian, I don’t think I saw a single white person wearing a mask.
    I've been to at San Francisco, San Diego, and Seattle in the last year. Granted just a few blocks sampling of each so limited exposure.

San Francisco seemed about the same as I remember in various visits since the '90's. Your basic urban center for good or for ill.

San Diego had a serious homeless issue. Oddly mostly not visible in the day but zombie land after sunset.

Seattle had a small, but nasty, visible homeless population to include a gentleman publically shitting in front of a downtown storefront and two separate instances of folks publically and openly smoking something or other out of tin foil.
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    When Alvin Bragg brings charges against them for the next George Floyd experience, will there be an actual insurrection?
    Will they even be allowed to carry arms?

Did NYC decide stop-and-frisk was ok again? Or just on the subway?

Guardsman: Sir I need to see inside your bags.
    Based Citizen: Um, under what authority? I'm using public transportation on my way to work... whatcha got for PC or RAS?

I'm certain this will all go well. //#DoubleSarc
    I’m guessing they’ll be armed with handguns like the guys who had a similar gig when I was still in. While NYPD’s misuse of Terry stops and frisks was slapped down a few years back, they’re still searching bags in subway stations. Eventually that will get squashed but I don’t expect it to be any time soon.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I was an MP in the NY ARNG. There were guys on State Active Duty Orders for most of the time I was in, though I was from upstate and never dis the job. They carried G17s, which I found odd.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they're more or less there for looks, and extra bodies for sworn police. While not SAD, I did do some stuff with police. They developed PC, they made arrests. I was there purely in an officer safety type role during arrests.
    Last edited by Cory; 03-06-2024 at 06:18 PM.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for chiming in, @WobblyPossum and @Cory. There’s a lot of misinformation about this kind of thing.

Site Supporter
    I used to take the subway to elementary school in the 3rd grade in Brooklyn. How times have changed. Everyday to work at the NYSE when in high school for a job in the summers. Mom used to take me shopping in the fancy stores like Bloomy's when I was a kid.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Relatively permanent and highly organized center of population, of greater size or importance than a town or village.

Of course there are places labeled a city that are far from it, like Benson Arizona with a population of under 5000. They may call themselves a city, but come on it’s a town.

The same way most of us know what a woman is, we know what a city is.
    City near me has population of >250k. Violent crime rate is 75% below FL average for cities. Six homicides in 2023. Not a shithole. In fact, there is nowhere in the city I would not go. The city north of me has a population of around 50K, and a friend who lives there hears gunshots nightly. There are parts of that city I will not enter in daylight, and I steer clear of most of the rest of it.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List