Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Shithole Cities

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Having lived in Portland for 25 years, I'd argue that the high concentration of hipsters is the best indication that the city will become a shithole in a near future
    The “future” was 2020.

Portland is a shithole city.

Seattle…..San Francisco….. Los Angeles

All West Coast cities.

Wonder what they all have in common?

Quote Originally Posted by NWshooter View Post
    The Netflix series Longmire will get her to move.

Other than Breaking Bad it is my favorite thing they’ve done on Netflix
    She's seen the show...I've both seen the show and read some of the books.

Oh, yeah...and I've taken her to WY on a motorcycle and covered much of the state. She knows the score.

Not moving, though she enjoyed visiting quite a bit.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    The Netflix series Longmire will get her to move.

Other than Breaking Bad it is my favorite thing they’ve done on Netflix
    Longmire, like Breaking Bad was filmed and produced in New Mexico. So, it should get her to want to go there, not Wyoming, and I would NOT recommend that.

Site Supporter
    The “future” was 2020.

All West Coast cities.

Stupidly high housing prices and rich folks on both sides of the isle who won’t approve new high density housing because nimby?
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Stupidly high housing prices and rich folks on both sides of the isle who won’t approve new high density housing because nimby?
    Yes…..

And what else?

The “future” was 2020.

All West Coast cities.

I think poverty, crime, homelessness, and even lack of hipsters do not make those places shitholes. They become shitholes when it is impossible to change it. Even if somebody willing to improve the situation gets in charge by some miracle or accident, the citizens of those places would riot because their minds are real shitholes. How else can you explain something like this:

https://komonews.com/news/local/will...t-court-orders

I remember lots of poor neighborhoods being clean and bright in years past. It's possible. It's the mindset and the outlook which has changed...for reasons or not.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Cause and effect is incorrect here. High housing prices are not what drives homelessness. It is actually opposite. Real estate development are suppressed in the cities where law and due process do not work. After all would you invest in real estate in, say, Kabul?

Banned
    Austin, Texas is a shithole city because if is being overtake by liberals. It's getting just like Dallas, Houston, San Antonio and all of the other Texas cities that are being take over by democrats and homeless drug addicts and lazy liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    I think poverty, crime, homelessness, and even lack of hipsters do not make those places shitholes. They become shitholes when it is impossible to change it. Even if somebody willing to improve the situation gets in charge by some miracle or accident, the citizens of those places would riot because their minds are real shitholes. How else can you explain something like this:

https://komonews.com/news/local/will...t-court-orders
    Crime, people living in tents on the street (I don’t call them homeless as they have plenty of options to have housing but refuse), drugs, and mental illness is what is ruining these once great cities.

The Marxist people in local government ruin it.

Soft ass liberals and conservatives that refuse to see that these people living on the streets is not compassion and that it’s actually killing people is the problem.

Put these people in jail, give them treatment, and then when they come out of prison give them more treatment and life training to make these people whole again.

THAT’S a solution.

Man, let me be governor for one term.

User Tag List