Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Shithole Cities

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    Video. One of the comments: “From “Defund the police” to “Papers please” commands from men with machine guns. Life comes at you fast in blue states.”

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1765513784230031367?s=20
    Interesting.

-It takes an NYPD captain do decide whose bag gets searched.
    -If I had to work the bag search detail, I think I'd shoot myself in in the first half hour.
    -I hate NY.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by DrkBlue View Post
    There have been few times that I felt less safe than La Guardia, circa 2018. One trip I counted six different armed agencies patrolling the terminal and immediate parking. One dropped metal cup and a whole bunch of agencies, inclusive of strawhat Troopers and Guardsmen armed with long guns, we’re going to start pointing guns in different directions.

I couldn’t wait to leave La Guardia, but f*@/‘g Delta couldn’t book me home for seven days.

Only New Yorkers would find that dysfunctional security theatre situation comforting. It is a performative clown show that curiously only seems to be necessary in one strange, atypical place that is resistant to the Constitutional and social norms of the rest of the nation.
    I feel a lot less safe with all the “police”, all it takes is one to decide my “attitude” is off and they can and will make my life miserable.

Name:  IMG_5512.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  45.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_L View Post
    I feel a lot less safe with all the “police”, all it takes is one to decide my “attitude” is off and they can and will make my life miserable.
    This is a big hint that you haven't spent any meaningful time in NYC in the last 5 years. You could literally egg a foreign dignitary, jerk off on the sidewalk in public, or commit a number of other crimes (rather, things that were crimes 10 yeats ago) and NYPD will generally just stand and watch until a white shirt orders them to intervene.

Regardless of your personal insecurity, they are not out needlessly fucking around with people on their own accord in the current political climate. As for the Guardsmen, they have no legal authority to do anything on their own. They are there strictly to take orders from/assist the LEOs they're TO'd to. In 2024 NYC, you could actually have an attitude problem, and theyre going to do everything in their power to avoid you just because of the paperwork it causes for them.

In the end, Raylon's Razor may apply if you find this to be an issue in your life.
    Last edited by TGS; 03-09-2024 at 07:27 AM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Raylon's Razor
    I'm guessing you meant Hanlon, but, if Raylon Givens has a Razor, I'd love to hear it.....
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I'm guessing you meant Hanlon, but, if Raylon Givens has a Razor, I'd love to hear it.....

Funny enough, I misspelled his name with an "o" because of "Hanlon" being in the back of my mind while typing that.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

Funny enough, I misspelled his name with an "o" because of "Hanlon" being in the back of my mind while typing that.
    That needs a Wiki page... Thanks!!
    Challenge for today will be to use it in context...
    We have tickets for the Rodeo, Post Malone is doing a show at the end... I'm betting I can pull it off.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

That needs a Wiki page... Thanks!!
    Challenge for today will be to use it in context...
    We have tickets for the Rodeo, Post Malone is doing a show at the end... I'm betting I can pull it off.
    We’ll be up your way-ish tonight - Stevie Nicks and some dood named Billy Joel.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    We’ll be up your way-ish tonight - Stevie Nicks and some dood named Billy Joel.
    Good news (for me ) is that the Rodeo starts at about 3:30 so we'll beat you to parking... Hopefully we'll finish before AT&T lets out...
    If you've not been yet, the two stadiums are walking distance apart... A sell-out concert at AT&T can be >100,000 people.
    Do not plan on Uber. Surge pricing is insane.

Good news (for me ) is that the Rodeo starts at about 3:30 so we'll beat you to parking... Hopefully we'll finish before AT&T lets out...
    If you've not been yet, the two stadiums are walking distance apart... A sell-out concert at AT&T can be >100,000 people.
    Do not plan on Uber. Surge pricing is insane.
    We have prepaid priority parking, hopefully that will help us.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List