Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Shithole Cities

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    The City of Birmingham has instituted a Civilian Police Advisory Committee in the Division of Social Justice and Racial Equity.
    The members are: a female Community Organizer BLM activist as chair...person, an activist "Reverend", the former First Black Female Police Chief of Birmingham, an amulance chasing lawyer whose name, no shit when you say it, is Victor Evil....and a convicted felon who served six years in prison for bribery and election fraud.

https://birminghamwatch.org/birmingh...ory-committee/

Anybody looking for a job in policing?
    Lots of openings now, and a shitload more soon.
    I am wholly in favor of this nonsense, particularly in areas where I don’t live ( ) as, with most things, it won’t improve until it hits rock bottom.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I am wholly in favor of this nonsense, particularly in areas where I don’t live ( ) as, with most things, it won’t improve until it hits rock bottom.
    "Pull up. Pull up. Warning. Pull up"
    Yep.
    The ironic thing is that for the most part the only people it will hurt are black.
    I ran into a BPD guy I knew a couple of weeks ago and asked him about staffing. I mentioned that the chief and Mayor had stated on TV that they were down to less than 600 officers. He gave a bitter laugh. "More like 400. Everyone leaves at 20 and a wake up(burning months of vacation and leave too) and the Academy graduates 6-8 officers twice a year." He rattled off the names of a bunch of guys that left, all black, all rising stars with good career arcs-gone. New guys leaving LE after a few months saying "Fuck this." If they don't get out of Patrol after 2-3 years they leave, transferring to the white burbs or leaving LE altogether, Mandatory overtime(the budget has been exceeded twice already) and, except for Homicide, the detective bureau is splitting time between cases and filling in at precincts or the traffic unit working wrecks. Tardiness is so chronic it can't be enforced. The 11-7 shift leaves Roll Call and goes to sleep. The "Excessive Overtime" rule that prevented you from working more that 16 hours in a day or 64 hours a week has been rescinded-informally.
    Traffic enforcement, nil. Arrests are pretty much down to mandatories for DV and felonies. Most officers simply go from call to call all shift and avoid contact otherwise. Zero public order arrests.

More violence, disorder, loss of property, living in fear. Creation of so-called food deserts-there was a whiny, accusatory article a couple of weeks ago about a large grocery store shutting down overnight. It was deep in Comancheria. They could no longer operate due to the level of shoplifting and other crimes. And they knew better to give a warning that they were closing.
    Of course it was on Martin Luther King Boulevard. The Third Worlders who operate the convenience store fortresses have cracked the code: bullet proof glass with everything of value behind it. Everything else is so overpriced that shoplifting doesn't hurt profit. They're good to go until retaliatory arson starts being the thing. There have been a few murdered after hours leaving...but they're staunch 2A believers(assuming they believe in any infidel law).

There were 3 men murdered in separate incidents the same day this Advisory Committee was proudly announced. The week before last the UAB ER was shot up because some party ended up with a homicide and multiple persons shot so one side hunted the other to the hospital.
    Yesterday the Mayor announced that many parks and libraries need to be closed because of the "Historical racism" that led to so many being built. Never mind that a few years ago they were celebrated as "Historical Black Landmarks"...and a decade or so ago they couldn't be dare closed because of-wait for it-Racism.
    This summer, the City slid down to 4th overall in population.
    They're on track to set the all time homicide score.
    Ah, Murderham, the Tragic City.
    Oh fucking well.
    Last edited by feudist; 09-22-2023 at 01:14 PM.

@feudist just imagine NYC, where the diaphragm law makes it illegal to cuff a subject in the prone position how we are all taught (kneeling on the shoulder blade).

I'm working in NYC this week, and NYPD just announced that they're cutting the Critical Response Command by 75%. CRC was a 500-officer unit that dropped to 250-300 since 2020 due to exodus, and now it will be reduced to about 50. The rest are to be reassigned to precincts to make up staffing shortfalls. I guess it makes sense in a vacuum, but the real world result is that most of the reassigned folks will just end up quitting instead.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    @feudist just imagine NYC, where the diaphragm law makes it illegal to cuff a subject in the prone position how we are all taught (kneeling on the shoulder blade).

I'm working in NYC this week, and NYPD just announced that they're cutting the Critical Response Command by 75%. CRC was a 500-officer unit that dropped to 250-300 since 2020 due to exodus, and now it will be reduced to about 50. The rest are to be reassigned to precincts to make up staffing shortfalls. I guess it makes sense in a vacuum, but the real world result is that most of the reassigned folks will just end up quitting instead.

That's the trend here.
    Everyone who gets out of the Hell dimension that they turned Patrol into generally has no intention of going back, to the extent of refusing promotions unless they stay in detective or admin slots. Since there's no Civil service protection or rank of detective, it gave the admin enormous power...with entirely predictable results.
    Now that has come back on them with a vengeance.
    The canny detectives were wangling out of the bureau into an admin puke job 3 or 4 years ahead of retirement to clear all their court cases. That has backfired. Now you're getting people who worked Patrol for a couple of years a decade and a half ago who never learned to deal with street thugs. They simply lay down. All the DC and Captain's girlfriends, frat bros and homies are now out in the cold. They ain't doing shit...understandably. Only rookies actually try to Police, for a while.
    All ranks and positions are getting younger and younger, and the Institutional knowledge base is gone.

I predict an unofficial default to a Firefighter model of response in the future.
    The ones that show up for work will stay in the precinct. When a call that can't be ignored or handled over the phone comes in a squad led by a Sergeant will mosey over to the incident location and do their best not to be accused of racism. That's the Mission.
    As much time as possible will be spent on that call to avoid answering another.
    Damn the citizens.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Kinda describes what's happening in San Francisco as well. As just like everywhere else, the voters are asking "How did this happen?" Well.....you did ask for it. "But it's not what we wanted!" comes the plaintive reply. Maybe not.....but you did ask for it.

Shitholes update:

New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland:

Target says it will close nine stores in major cities, citing violence and theft

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/26/targ...nd-theft-.html

Tangential, but: I keep receiving postcards from the campaign office of the challenger to our mayoral incumbent. What gets me is that I’ve gotten 3 such postcards in my mail, each with the same message: crime and homelessness are out of control; we need a new mayor, so vote for ____.

The problem is, I know _____ personally (and like her, as a person). That said, she’s a party-line democrat, with ties to our monoparty state legislature, as well as connections to our city council. The incumbent mayor is a republican, with a history of non-partisan campaigning. Bluntly, she’s been one of the only voices of sanity standing in the way of complete defunding of our police. The dem-controlled state legislature has been no help whatsoever, and our city council is very representative of so many typical bigger city councils: way left of the populace in general, and guilty of doing everything they could to hamper our local blue.

In short, the party that the challenger comes from is the source of the problem. She’s even hired a defund-the-police activist as a campaign adviser. The tales I tell of unanswered 911 calls stem from the same root.

One can imagine my consternation upon receiving multiple postcards from her office noting the city’s decay in the law-and-order arena, and noting that we need, quote, “a new mayor” endquote.

It would be comically absurd if it wasn’t so insulting. And dangerous. Ah, no. We most certainly don’t need a new mayor, and if we did, we wouldn’t need one from the same mindset cult that caused the very issues in contention.

So disingenuous. So very disappointing. So worthy of failure.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    The problem is, I know _____ personally (and like her, as a person).
    You're a better person than I. I don't even put up with that from family.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Tangential, but: I keep receiving postcards from the campaign office of the challenger to our mayoral incumbent. What gets me is that I’ve gotten 3 such postcards in my mail, each with the same message: crime and homelessness are out of control; we need a new mayor, so vote for ____.

The problem is, I know _____ personally (and like her, as a person). That said, she’s a party-line democrat, with ties to our monoparty state legislature, as well as connections to our city council. The incumbent mayor is a republican, with a history of non-partisan campaigning. Bluntly, she’s been one of the only voices of sanity standing in the way of complete defunding of our police. The dem-controlled state legislature has been no help whatsoever, and our city council is very representative of so many typical bigger city councils: way left of the populace in general, and guilty of doing everything they could to hamper our local blue.

In short, the party that the challenger comes from is the source of the problem. She’s even hired a defund-the-police activist as a campaign adviser. The tales I tell of unanswered 911 calls stem from the same root.

One can imagine my consternation upon receiving multiple postcards from her office noting the city’s decay in the law-and-order arena, and noting that we need, quote, “a new mayor” endquote.

It would be comically absurd if it wasn’t so insulting. And dangerous. Ah, no. We most certainly don’t need a new mayor, and if we did, we wouldn’t need one from the same mindset cult that caused the very issues in contention.

So disingenuous. So very disappointing. So worthy of failure.
    People tend to focus on personalities. It absolutely does not matter who is running for office in those cities. Ideology drives the policies, not personalities…. Unless those “MAGA Republicans” are out of control in Portland, LOL

Portland is a Chem/Bio hazmat zone. As a parent, this feels really personal. At least to me, the life of one child is more important than all the supposed "benefits" of drug decriminalization.

Toddler survives suspected fentanyl overdose in SE Portland Safeway garage
    https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2023...ay-garage.html

Portland firefighters used naloxone to rescue a 15-month-old girl who appears to have overdosed after possibly putting a piece of opiate-contaminated tin foil in her mouth while in a Safeway parking lot on Southeast Hawthorne Boulevard Friday night, officials said Monday.

Non-paywall story:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/15...er/ar-AA1heTjy
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List