Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dropping a drone flying over your property

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    The difference is:

Drones give the average user the option to look in your window, hover over your hot tub etc… at close range.

If I am correct Google earth is not real time and close range. I am sure NSA all sorts of capabilities but they are hopefully not the average thug or perv.
    Generally, if you have a right to be somewhere, you have the right to see whatever you see; if you ever hear LEOs saying "right to be, right to see", this is what they're talking about....and it's why LEOs don't need a warrant to take surveillance photos through a window looking into your house while they're posted in a vehicle on the street, for instance. Some state laws whittle this down further and may place it under some sort of stalking statute based on specific actions, but the general constitutional answer is that if you don't want somebody looking through your window from a place they're legally allowed to be, then cover the window so that they can't look through it.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    ... using a counter-drone drone and flying it as you see fit ...
    YES!

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    So what's the legality on using a counter-drone drone and flying it as you see fit over your own property in such a way that might accidentally cause someone else to lose control of drone? Does the FAA have a drone-compatible reckless driving regulation?

The remote id mentioned earlier is interesting. I assume like a lot of drone laws as they exist, the people who are most troublesome will not be in compliance and identifying them will prove to be difficult. And enforcement will be more or less toothless in the cases where you do. I believe in TX it's a lower (class c?) misdemeanor and "oops I deleted the pictures I took" is a valid defense to prosecution.
    My counter-drone (this is genius, FU FAA) will absolutely have audio playing the ride of the Valkyries, mini-flame throwers, and two glock G18's as it swoops down on the neighbors kids toy, errr intruder drone, .......I mean enemy aircraft.
    Don’t just sit there – do something short sighted and stupid!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Generally, if you have a right to be somewhere, you have the right to see whatever you see; if you ever hear LEOs saying "right to be, right to see", this is what they're talking about....and it's why LEOs don't need a warrant to take surveillance photos through a window looking into your house while they're posted in a vehicle on the street, for instance. Some state laws whittle this down further and may place it under some sort of stalking statute based on specific actions, but the general constitutional answer is that if you don't want somebody looking through your window from a place they're legally allowed to be, then cover the window so that they can't look through it.
    Interesting.

So, if I like to swim in the nude and get frisky in the yard with Wife, my expectation of privacy beyond my 8-foot fence is just an illusion?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Interesting.

So, if I like to swim in the nude and get frisky in the yard with Wife, my expectation of privacy beyond my 8-foot fence is just an illusion?
    Didn't realize you had an Only Fans account
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Site Supporter
    Can I use a laser pointer against the drone? Or will I be arrested for "drone harassment".
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Can I use a laser pointer against the drone? Or will I be arrested for "drone harassment".
    How does that work? Does that fry the camera lens?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Interesting.

You need to move to the country if you're doing that.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    You need to move to the country if you're doing that.
    Yeah- most community pools do tend to look down on that sort of thing. Especially when they're trying to hold the water aerobics classes.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I get this but, you do not have the right to be on my property looking in my window or as mentioned on my property looking over an 8 foot privacy fence that is well within my property .

User Tag List