Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this a Triple Lock?

Is this a Triple Lock?

Weird gun. Can't tell if this is a triple lock, 3rd Model of 1926, or what.

Looks like the barrel chop is not factory.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/985089731
    Last edited by SouthNarc; 05-15-2023 at 10:40 AM.

#RESIST

Not a triple lock, there is no lock in the crane. Nickle plated hammer and trigger are not consistent with a factory nickel job.

Picture of third lock:

Name:  IMG_1102-2_zpsblomgaot.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  30.9 KB
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Triple Lock:

Name:  IMG_6191.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  57.1 KB

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    It appears to be a .44 Hand Ejector, but not a Triple Lock. I can't see any evidence of a third locking point. Also, and while I sure as shit wouldn't swear to it, I'm not aware of them coming in 3.5" barrel lengths. From what I can discern, the serial number puts it around 1940.

@Tamara would know a hell of a lot more about this than I do.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    It appears to be a .44 Hand Ejector, but not a Triple Lock. I can't see any evidence of a third locking point. Also, and while I sure as shit wouldn't swear to it, I'm not aware of them coming in 3.5" barrel lengths. From what I can discern, the serial number puts it around 1940.

@Tam would know a hell of a lot more about this than I do.
    Yeah Steph and the 3.5" barrel length intrigues me. Could be a good candidate for a beater 44 Special or maybe even a restore if I wanted to go that route. I love fixed sight N frame 44s

Site Supporter
    Looking at the Patent lines on the top of the barrel, which disappear under the re-attached front sight, and the positioning of the caliber marking on the side this was probably a cut down 5-6 inch 3rd Model Hand Ejector. Too bad they chose to nickle plate it. If it had been re-blued (and that done well) it might be worth the price. Of course you'd have to have a thing for 44 Specials, and I kind of lean that way. (smile)

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    Of course you'd have to have a thing for 44 Specials, and I kind of lean that way. (smile)

Dave

The heart wants what the heart wants....

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Yeah Steph and the 3.5" barrel length intrigues me. Could be a good candidate for a beater 44 Special or maybe even a restore if I wanted to go that route. I love fixed sight N frame 44s
    I dont believe the barrel length is factory original. They would do about anything requested within reason, but the lettering being off-center is an indication it wasnt a factory original length, though it may be possible it was sent back and done. The plated hammer and trigger are also indications the nickel wasnt factory as previously mentioned. Having said that, it looks like it was fairly well done work, and would be a very cool shooter and carry grade gun that you wouldnt have to be afraid to use. I would absolutely pick that gun over any later made version that attempted to simulate the older style unless you planned to shoot max Keith level 44 spl loads. Anything less that that level loads, id pick the old one and never look back.

Personal preference, but Id consider getting proper color case hardened period trigger and hammer for it, it would be an upgrade in looks for those of us that notice details, otherwise, and in its current state, its a cool old shooter with tons of class and panache.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Fuck it, I bought it.

May keep as shooter grade or may get it pretty. Talked to Ford's and they said reblueing, re-nickeling, re-cutting and centering the factory markings would be no problem.

Actually.....

I'd kind of like to make it look like this. Maybe not engraved but the King's sight system intrigues me.

https://live.amoskeagauction.com/m/l...og/18/lot/6934

User Tag List