Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P osting speed sucks

P osting speed sucks

This is the 4th forum I have hit this AM. The 3rd forum I posted a 12-14 line answer to a question and it took maybe 4 seconds from when I hit the 'Submit' button until it was aded to the thread. Here I just typed a less than full width line of text w/ no pictures or other addons. After a full minute plus of the spinning ball I got up to grab a snack. I will see how long this post takes to upload. Back to edit, this posted in a normal 4-5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    This is the 4th forum I have hit this AM. The 3rd forum I posted a 12-14 line answer to a question and it took maybe 4 seconds from when I hit the 'Submit' button until it was aded to the thread. Here I just typed a less than full width line of text w/ no pictures or other addons. After a full minute plus of the spinning ball I got up to grab a snack. I will see how long this post takes to upload. Back to edit, this posted in a normal 4-5 seconds.
    I think that's the reason for many double posts here. I have the same problem. I thought it might be my DSL upload speed but I don't have a problem on any other sites. It's just this one.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    It's taking 30 seconds for pages to finish loading this morning, and the like button isn't working....
    I didn't put a stop watch to it, but, counted it out and seems like exactly 30seconds, like a timeout... ??

Clicking on a topic loads the thread content loads very quickly, but, something (not sure what..?) is still taking time to load fully. The little dot on the tab shows still loading and the refresh page icon is an "X" for stop loading, not the refresh symbol (which would indicate the page had stopped loading and could be refreshed).

Hope that's clear??

Name:  Load.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  6.8 KB

Also.... when I uploaded the above image, it hung for about 30 seconds before competing the upload..
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Testing….

EDIT: This took about 1/2s for me sitting on my iPad drinking coffee…

Site Supporter
    503 errors early this morning.... appx 4AM EDT... lasted for at least 20 minutes...gave up and went on to other things...

Related to AWS outage??
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

503 errors yesterday morning and this morning. Both times lasted about 20-30 minutes, same as @RoyGBiv
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Yes,

Even just trying to get on PF brings 503 error or time outs. Been about 2 days now.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Site is lagging pretty badly today... This morning a few times slow to change pages... Now (1533 Central time) intermittent lagging... maybe 15-30 second to change a page or submit a post... then fine for a few minutes.. then lagging again.. past 5-10 minutes or so for me..

No server errors so far.. just lagging..

ETA: about 30 seconds from the time I hit submit on this post until the page refreshed to show the post in the thread... Hit Edit and the box came right up lickety split.

I haven’t seen any speed issues but when using a cell phone, the mobile version is still screwy. When you try to tap “what’s new” it activates “search.”
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    The internet in general isn’t working well around here since yesterday.

User Tag List