Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Langdon MOS Cut Glock slides

The factory MOS cut moves the rear sight dovetail further to the rear of the slide. If you want to make the MOS cut (WHY??) on a non-mos slide you have to make the cut over the dovetail.

Reviewer of the Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    The factory MOS cut moves the rear sight dovetail further to the rear of the slide. If you want to make the MOS cut (WHY??) on a non-mos slide you have to make the cut over the dovetail.
    My main desire for making my Non-MOS G45 into a MOS Irons Forward gun is so I can test out a Holosun EPS without being married to the footprint while getting the exact sight picture configuration I want.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    Are there any other reasons for doing the cut that way? Some people might prefer the backup rear to be behind the optic, so I'm wondering if there is some other reason, or reasons, some many shops only offer this with the rear sight forward of the optic.
    Front of the optic does not occlude the dot.

I like the MOS cut because I'm still figuring out what I prefer and what works for me in a pistol mounted red dot sight. The MOS, while far from perfect, gives me plenty of choices.
    I started with an Aimpoint H1 4 MOA on a 6 Second Mount, then a Vortex Venom on a EGW dovetail mount, then a 508TX2, then a 509TX2, then a C-More 6 MOA on my .22LR pistol, and then a 5 MOA SRO. The last MRDS I picked up was a 6 MOA EPS. If it wasn't for the MOS system I wouldn't be able to try the different Holosun optics and figure out what works best for me.
    Hopefully soon there will be a standardized mount, but until there is I'm happy to be able to swap optics around because of the MOS system.

Just got 3 slides I sent to LTT back - looks great. 4 week turn around.

Name:  Screen Shot 2023-06-15 at 11.04.52 AM.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  79.0 KB

User Tag List