Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock 43x vs Glock 26

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I had a really nice 48. I shoot the 26 and the 19 better.

Buy the 26. Then buy an adapter from Lone Wolf so you can run your G19 top end. Best of both worlds.

Attachment 104444
    Or preferably just chop down the grip on a 19 to accept 26 mags. Best solution IMO.

I have owned multiples of each, cause I have a dysfunctional relationship I have with new stuff and Glocks, and I found the the G26 to carry better for me. On my body, the shorter grip conceals better in the AIWB/AOWB realm. The fractional difference in thickness, doesn’t matter on my frame. Doesn’t hurt that I have carried it (or the G27) as a back up during my work career so I trust it.

I have hand damage, nerve and skeletal, with a weaken grip. I find the G26 easier to handle and shoot. I find the G43/48 series to be too “snappy” and inconsistent in accuracy for me. And I have tried grip sleeves and tape and they still do not give me the performance I get with a G26.

In all transparency, I can not shoot either for very long. Looking at the G28. Still in the same family, size wise.
    Professionally Trained Service Dog. Not dogs with issues! LOL unless you are talking about my mutts.

Site Supporter
    This is in my lane of experience. I work for a Glock department and have to use them at work so it makes sense to maintain some commonality.

I have carried a 26 of various generations since they came to be. In my hands, they are as accurate as their larger cousins. They are as easy to shoot (albeit a little slower .15-.2 kind of across the board) as their larger cousins. They can reload with same mags used by their larger cousins. The ten round magazines actually work. I am next to NJ, NY etc. They use the same holsters etc.... None of my 26s have had a stoppage that wasn't ammo or, in the case of the Gen 5, magazine (I'm looking at you Magpul) related. The little gun is so functional that had I not had 2 other guns to shake out (G19 with a new Langdon thingy, and a G45 with new sights), I would have used my Gen 5 26 at the Cognitive Conclave last weekend.

I have played with the 43x twice, in pursuit of something a little slimmer and lighter as a primary carry. In the end and after several thousand rounds it is not as shootable, in my hands, as the 26. It is lighter and slimmer. But....It is a little slower still than the 26 but just a little bit. The magazines are not interchangeable with the bigger guns. This means I have to change magazines in whatever bag I am carrying. Too easy to forget. Subjectively, the triggers are not as good as the standard width guns. Neither of my 43x have performed really well with heavier ammo. They like the 115gr stuff. It is too big to be an NPE solution. The 43 or the S&W 442 get that done waaaay better.

The 26 is the hands down winner for my needs.

With that being said, I have a 43x with mags and a JM AIWB that will be hitting the market if anyone is interested.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Or preferably just chop down the grip on a 19 to accept 26 mags. Best solution IMO.
    BTDT. I’m not opposed to chopping a frame. Matter of fact I’m thinking about spending another $53 on a SCT19 frame and chopping that down. For that kind of money I don’t care if I screw it up.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I have both, and have carried IWB with the excellent JMCK holsters. I find myself gravitating to the 26 if I had to pick one, because of mag interchangeability, holster versatility(the 26 is sometimes an ankle gun)and parts logistics. I seem to shoot both about the same out to 15-20 yards. The 43x has a dot, so further out it has the edge for my eyes. The 43 has a bit more flip, but not exceptionally so to me.

Last year I was voting G26 but now I have a 43X MOS with the factory RMSc option and that flipped it 180.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Just my 2 cents, G43X for IWB carry and G26 for OWB. The 26 is nice if you own a bunch of other 9mm Glocks and keep a spare G17 mag in the car.

Put me down for the 43X / 43X-MOS. I prefer the slim and longer grip. Much easier for me to get the proper grip quicker. Like them so much I have 3 of them. The G19.5, G45, G17.5 are gathering dust.

I am in the 26 camp as well. The gun takes my 19 mags and carries on my ankle for work just fine. Shoots better than the 43x too. Its a small gun that shoots like a big gun, smooth and less recoil than the thinner 43x. Plus I have multiples of the standard double stack mags everywhere for a reload so for me, I am a 26 guy. I have 2, gen 5's and really like them after I have come full circle with different brands and models over the years. I carry with the standard 10 rnd mag and can shoot it just as good as I can with an extended or pinky addition mag in it. Great little guns. The thickness does not bother me at all. I would rather have a little bigger gun that I am confident with than to compromise on my life saving piece of equipment because I am afraid it was a little heavier or someone would see it. As far as I am concerned, people are to damn enveloped in their own lives anymore to even pay attention to others now days. CARRY what you can confidently shoot and dress around that choice, PERIOD...

User Tag List