Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 43x vs Glock 26

Glock 43x vs Glock 26

Has anyone carried both the G26 and G43x IWB? If so, which do you like better and why? Thanks!
    NOT the YouTuber by the same name.

The trade off is width (comfort) and grip length (concealability).

I found the G26 works better strong side, and the G43X (actually the 48, but close enough) works better appendix.

I ultimately landed on G19 appendix, though. 48 wasn’t enough more comfortable, and I shoot the 19 much better.

Quote Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post
    The trade off is width (comfort) and grip length (concealability).

I found the G26 works better strong side, and the G43X (actually the 48, but close enough) works better appendix.

I ultimately landed on G19 appendix, though. 48 wasn’t enough more comfortable, and I shoot the 19 much better.
    Interesting. I own a G19 and am thinking of picking up either the 26 or a 43x...

43X is thinner lighter and the full-size grip is much easier index for draw

The stupid magazine sticks out of mag well and has a corner on it so it prints like a 19

43X is very snappy to shoot it always tore the skin on my finger if I didn’t tape my finger first

The 26 seems to shoot all weights and velocity’s without problem. It has been reported here that the 43X struggles with heavier or plus P especially the two-tone ones.

As a sidenote, after shooting a 365 and shield+ I punted the 43X and I own the other two now. The rest of my social auto loaders are Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post

43X is very snappy to shoot it always tore the skin on my finger if I didn’t tape my finger first
    Good to know, did not realize it was such a snappy shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    43X is thinner lighter and the full-size grip is much easier index for draw

The stupid magazine sticks out of mag well and has a corner on it so it prints like a 19

It has been reported here that the 43X struggles with heavier or plus P especially the two-tone ones.
    Every statement in this post mirrors my experience exactly and is why I no longer have it.

Quote Originally Posted by HammerStriker View Post
    Interesting. I own a G19 and am thinking of picking up either the 26 or a 43x...
    I had a really nice 48. I shoot the 26 and the 19 better.

Buy the 26. Then buy an adapter from Lone Wolf so you can run your G19 top end. Best of both worlds.

Name:  ADC7A3EC-463F-4CC2-AE45-FC9F4E37976E.jpg
Views: 2435
Size:  87.4 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Owned both, carried both, sold both.

Gen 5 Glock 26 - Owned 15 months, shot 200 rounds. It was reliable and extremely accurate. Carried in either a MR Upper Limit or an RCS Perun. Generally with a 12 round mag. At which point I realized I could just as well carry my Glock 19, it was as near as made no difference, except for the 15+1 part. So I did.

Glock 43X - Owned 8 months, shot 608 rounds. It was reliable and accurate. This was one of a series of skinny 9mm guns I was trying, to get to "the one". Snappy shooter. Unpleasant for a day at the range. A tungsten guide rod did not make it much better. Carried flat. Yes it was slightly lighter than the Glock 48 I swapped it for. I never enjoyed shooting it.

If I can add, I would vote "neither". For someone with small to medium hands, I would suggest they go shoot a P365X all day, every day, and twice on Sunday. I ended up buying a third P365 (a P365X) after buying and selling two (P365, P365XL) because of reasons which made sense at the time. My current P365X FCU is on me as I type this, with a Ameriglo orange pro-glo front at Sig #6 height, talon tape, in an RCS Perun (XL length) which I wear with straight drop loops AOWB (yes, O). The FCU can go into a 10+1 pocket pistol in a Vedder Pocket Locker, or to a 20+1 Macro grip with an XL slide for USPSA in about 60 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Owned both, carried both, sold both.

Gen 5 Glock 26 - Owned 15 months, shot 200 rounds. It was reliable and extremely accurate. Carried in either a MR Upper Limit or an RCS Perun. Generally with a 12 round mag. At which point I realized I could just as well carry my Glock 19, it was as near as made no difference, except for the 15+1 part. So I did.

Glock 43X - Owned 8 months, shot 608 rounds. It was reliable and accurate. This was one of a series of skinny 9mm guns I was trying, to get to "the one". Snappy shooter. Unpleasant for a day at the range. A tungsten guide rod did not make it much better. Carried flat. Yes it was slightly lighter than the Glock 48 I swapped it for. I never enjoyed shooting it.

If I can add, I would vote "neither". For someone with small to medium hands, I would suggest they go shoot a P365X all day, every day, and twice on Sunday. I ended up buying a third P365 (a P365X) after buying and selling two (P365, P365XL) because of reasons which made sense at the time. My current P365X FCU is on me as I type this, with a Ameriglo orange pro-glo front at Sig #6 height, talon tape, in an RCS Perun (XL length) which I wear with straight drop loops AOWB (yes, O). The FCU can go into a 10+1 pocket pistol in a Vedder Pocket Locker, or to a 20+1 Macro grip with an XL slide for USPSA in about 60 seconds.
    This is an example of "different strokes for different folks"
    I literally despised the 365 series guns and love the 43X/48 guns.
    Like the 26 too.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by HammerStriker View Post
    Has anyone carried both the G26 and G43x IWB? If so, which do you like better and why? Thanks!
    The 26 is chunkier but shoots rings around the 43X. I have a lot of Glocks but no “slim line” models any more.

User Tag List