Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If you were getting into duty size 9mm Glocks today...

I had [3] Gen four 17's and a 34.

All were extremely reliable. Could never, as much as I tried, shoot the 19 sized guns accurately.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    I have a G45 which is one of my favorites, far more so (until recently) than a G19, which I’d never really meshed with. What made the G45easier to shoot than a G19 was the longer grip, and that longer grip makes it more or less a no go during the work week or otherwise when wearing a tucked in shirt.

Along comes the LTT Grip Anchor, which for me at least (L/XL hands) makes the G19 feel and perform like a G45 while still being shorter. Absolutely brilliant product. In a world where everything’s a game changer, this really is. Cost? $28.

https://langdontactical.com/grip-anc...-the-glock-19/
    I had the exact same experience. I have wanted to like the Glock 19 for almost 20 years, and accumulated multiple examples of each generation, but shooting it always felt like a chore compared to the 17/45. With the LTT Grip anchor, I don't shoot the others anymore.

Site Supporter
    The Gen 5's improved accuracy has been demonstrated repeatedly. At my lgs I have examined at least 25 Gen 5 Glocks and noticed that they have better triggers. Too, you can swap out grip back straps on the 5's. I would not trade my two Gen 3's for 5's, because my 26 and 19 pistols by chance are superb examples. You can't err by buying two or three Gen 5 pistols and throwing them in the back of the safe. We are approaching an era where these pistols will become much more expensive and perhaps will not be as available as they are now.

Gen 5s for the future…

The company has pretty well committed itself to the Gen 5 design-witness the recent introduction of the G47 commercially and the Gen 5 20&21. The improvements have all been noted: better trigger, accuracy, etc.
    If you got a G19 and a G47, I believe you can mix and match uppers. I’m personally a user and fan of the 19MOS, but I sometimes wish factory direct mill slides were available, as I mainly carry and shoot red dots presently.
    With all the aftermarket support, the Gen 5 is here to stay for awhile.

I wouldn’t.

Other guns work better, take that $1500 and do something else with it.

Site Supporter
    I have no complaints with my Gen 4 17 or Gen 5 Mos 17. The finger grooves on the 4 don't bother me. For some reason,I hated them on 19s.

My EDC is a Gen 3 26 with night sights. No reason to change that out (can't carry it anyway - keep yachting Clarence).
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

I've long been a G19 guy. Back when I shot matches, I swapped a trigger group between a G34, a G17, and a G19 and found that I got better scores with the G19.

My lone sample of a Gen5 19 has been a little disappointing due to a horrendous trigger that got worse over time instead of better, but if buying new, I'd go with a Gen5 over a Gen3.

I have a G45 on order.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    I have a G45 which is one of my favorites, far more so (until recently) than a G19, which I’d never really meshed with. What made the G45easier to shoot than a G19 was the longer grip, and that longer grip makes it more or less a no go during the work week or otherwise when wearing a tucked in shirt.

Along comes the LTT Grip Anchor, which for me at least (L/XL hands) makes the G19 feel and perform like a G45 while still being shorter. Absolutely brilliant product. In a world where everything’s a game changer, this really is. Cost? $28.

Attachment 104409

https://langdontactical.com/grip-anc...-the-glock-19/

Thank you for posting this, I just ordered one.

Hammertime
    Gen 5 Glock 45 is the best shooting full sized Glock IMO. And funnest. I never carry one due to grip. If carry is a consideration stick to the Gen 5 19.

Glocks are boring. That being said, I decided to go back to the Glock platform, because they just run. I have a Gen 2 or 2.5 G17 for over 3 decades now. It is a great shooter then and still is. My wife liked it so well, she claimed it, when I moved to other flavors of the month pistols.

A couple of months ago I picked up a Gen5 G45. fits me perfectly. Never was a fan of the G19, due to the grip. The G45 is a good compromise between the G17 and G19. Love the trigger, the grip panels and the slide serrations. I do wish, I had gotten the RMR cut version though. I've just stuck my toe in the RDS waters and I'm loving my Ruger MAX9 with the CT1550.

User Tag List